Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I ordered a captur last Friday and was told delivery in September. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they have said they have found one still in production that matches mine except for the R-link and charcoal seats. They have said they will modify it in production so that means I should get it mid September.

Hope they are right :)

Dynamique S
1.5 dci 90
Ivory white with black roof
Chrome touch pack
R-link
Charcoal seats

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Hi and welcome along!<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

That sounds lucky then, fingers crossed on the delivery date.

The white and black combo should look ace

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, iv got a little mod in mind too. Going to use plasti-dip to paint the plastic bits on the front and back bumpers. You can get them as an extra for £350, but I think £20 for plasti-dip will do the job.

I'll post it once I do it.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Yeah I would like to see some pictures. I've done similar on a grill before and it held up well to stone chips etc. Lasted a couple of years until we had some harsh frosts and it cracked a little but otherwise a good saving and should look good.<div id="watchlr_dummy_element_for_plugin_detection">

·
Registered
824 Posts
I went along to my local decal and wrapping company today to see what they would suggest in regard to the "silvery bits" skid protectors!........they took one look at the Captur and said they wouldn't advise a vinyl wrapped area as it wouldnt stick to the "cheap" bumpers (their word not mine!) they advised either buy the real silver plastic parts from Renault or have the bumpers sprayed to match the bodywork and then the vinyl would stick!

For now I think I will stay with the "cheap" bumpers,maybe save up for the real parts!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes in my mind I partly knew that there would be a problem with the vinyl sticking on the textured plastic bumpers I just dropped in to ask the question while passing.....I know now

·
Registered
260 Posts
What about the plasti dip option somebody mentioned a while back?? Ive watched a few videos and it seems a pretty painless job. Essentially a plastic based silver coating spray that can be peeled off with a bit of effort if need be. Not sure if the textured plastic would cause an issue with this too?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think we will have to hope Olib does a good job with the Plasticote and posts piccies of the results on here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts