Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning members,What is your advice about full the diesel reservoir once it's half empty, is that can keep the engine healthy for long time, because sometime the diesel is not of good quality that can have some water deposits on the bottom of the reservoir. so if you drain the reservoir to the low level can cause the water to move to the engine, what is your experience on this,... regards.

·
Super Moderator
2,757 Posts
Any water deposits you get will usually be from condensation. If you live where there is great temperature difference from day to night, there is more chance of getting water from condensation. So, keeping the tank over half full is a good idea.

However in practice the water should never get picked up and fed to the engine. I don't think that modern diesel cars have a water trap, but certainly in the past, there used to be a special bowl trap that separated the water out, and this should be drained at each service.

TBH I wouldn't worry; in nearly 16 years with my diesel Scenic, and 11 years with the Galaxy TDI I have never encountered water in the fuel on either car (albeit that they are parked under cover at night)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts