Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love the Medianav as a unit. However what happens when the UK becomes digital only in 2015. Will we lose the fm signal, also would the units need to be adapted for this??? Ideas?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Tyrfelin, I don't think there is any rush really. The conversion will be "most" stations. The action plan is to move to all digital stations from 2015 to be completed by 2019, subject to coverage targets being met. Suffolk is poorly served by digital radio, and is subject to interference from continental stations during high pressure weather situations. So there is certainlya need to improve the transmission service prior to going digital in this area.

But I must admit I am surprised that Renault did not include a DAB option on the radio.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tyrfelin...Should have thought of that gem earlier teach!

I'm sure Renault has.... I won't have that worry with R link!
Not out in Poland!!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Crossbow...we won't...will we?
Now Tyrfelin saying that he's an overpaid retired teacher...might manage a NEW BRIGHT RED CAPTUR...this time with R Link!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought about orange but settled for classic ivory and black. Next time though I wonder!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the quoted price is 240GBP (or 1 arm + 1 leg + firstborn child...)

So, stupidly expensive for a radio, but it seems to be the only option for getting DAB into the Captur at the moment, apart from going for something like the Pure Highway. And it does have the advantage of being completely integrated into the car's multimedia system.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exclusively DAB a long way off at moment. I'm happy to wait and spend a few hundred quid on a weekend break!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ouch. That is a lot of money. Think I'll manage without. I've looked at the Pure Highway before, but I really don't fancy the idea of charging cables and aerial leads draped all over the dashboard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts