Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do any of our members own vernier calipers/gauges?

I know that some of our members are home mechanics

The reason I ask is now we have found that we can buy anti-roll bar bushes separately it
would be handy to know the exact size of the anti-roll bar fitted to most captur’s, the bushes come
in two sizes 20mm and 21mm

Question?, are the anti-roll-bars different sizes dependent on model?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I do and I can if you still need to know (I am aware you have already bought bushes from Portugal). Do you want me to check? I may never be able to get up again…...

Knowing Renault and their parts' lists I would expect to see variations within the same model - in many areas they seem to change their suppliers for no obvious reason (to me at least). One reason they are no longer too willing to make all this data freely available.

Logically, there is more than 100kg difference between the front axle weights of a 90 and a 1.5d. This might have something to do with it. But who knows these days….

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes please, I have only done the home work not purchased any as yet, found a uk devision of the company. I have found out that using the part numbers autodoc sells many and cheaper

·
Registered
124 Posts
The plot thickens. I have three part numbers for anti-roll (stabilizer) bar for Captur.
  • 546113546R
  • 546116142R
  • 546117237R
If you search for the first one on parts sites at least one suggests this is for the 0.9TCE90.
If you search for the 7237R then there is at least one link to 1.5DCi. So far so good. But then many sites give the other part numbers as alternatives. I think we might be back to Renault changing suppliers and specs as it suits. I can't find any reference to dimensions but I wouldn't expect Renault to release this anyway. Parts site www.partsouq.com refers to Renault/Samsung/W build standards which is the nearest I can get to anything making sense.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When supplies run low they find another supplier and fit them to keep the production moving,all factories do this and have done for fifty years I know of

·
Super Moderator
2,423 Posts
The part number should not change if the supplier changes, the part will be made to Renault drawings/specifications and irrespective of supplier, the part number should relate to the specification. It's possible that the specification could be revised during the life of the car and that would result in a part number change..... I had plenty of "fun and games" in the 1990's with my Rover 820. Every time I needed a spare, it seemed that a "new, improved" part was needed with a different part number from the one in the original vehicle catalogue

·
Registered
33 Posts
would probably have to dismantle to get accurate measurement, if enough could get a reading at a certain point and off all 3 engine sizes,just a problem getting under the car

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks anyway, I DID ask the garage who fitted the cam belt but they had enough on their plate, the info was always meant for the forums members, renault is about as much help as a chocolate tea pot

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes very difficult to access. I can't get near the bushes but further out my bar is even thicker. At least 22. The vernier says 22.5 but difficult to get it square on the bar. Definitely not 20mm. Sorry

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
It would be a bummer if someone stripped the car down and then found the bushes were the wrong size. You could order both sizes and it would still be cheaper than a new anti roll bar. Perhaps Auto Doc would accept a return of bits not required?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts