Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well less than a week into owning my new Captur ive discovered two key scratches across the bonnet.

obviously some young scallywag has been so dazzled by the looks of the car they stumbled across it while in a drunken haze and accidently put their keys across it...but i guess thats just the cost you pay for wanting to buy something from new to look after even if you have had to work for 26years to pay for.

On a serious note has anyone any idea's what the best scratch remover there is out there. the scratches are very light but noticable (to me...its the 1st chance ive had to wax and polish the car) but id like to get rid of them if possible.

thanks for any help on this

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Bigbatony....
.you are kidding me!!! B*******!!
My daughter had that done to her (new) used AudiTT without a chance of sorting it out.... The problem is that if you start using something , you'll take off the lacquer coating...On older cars I used a little T cut, but I'd be scared to offer you that advice on a high visible area like a bonnet! How about those wax sticks that you can just draw in gently...Maybe just your wax polish will do?

Sorry to hear that mate!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ythsie.tbh im surprised it lasted almost a week before something was done to it.
Hear what your saying about the T-cut...I do need to head back to get the arm rest fitted so I might leave it alone until then to see what the dealership suggests (they may even sort it as a nice gesture) thanks for the help though mate

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good idea...I'd leave it till then and see if they can help out...it would be a pity to spoil your paintwork......You could always try some ketchup!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Feel for you Tony, that's terrible news. Good idea wait to see what they say at the dealers. Some people.................

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sorry to hear that Tony,not fair matey........try a coloured wax I think there there is a grey/silver Turtle Wax Colour Magic it may make it less noticeable!!.......some complete and utter a---
---s out there,can they not see anything??

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys
least now im now worrying about my 1st ding i suppose. may have a pop to Halfords tomorrow and have a look see what they have in... may have a look at the decals too while im in there (thinking a large eagle across the bonnet will hide the scratches
) lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
I used this on my mercury car before I exchanged it Farecla G3 Scratch Remover Paste 150ml. My mate gave it to me and I got to say it did the job, the scratches weren't deep though more of a scuff. Just seen halfords sell it and it has good reviews on the site.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I used farecla on my old red corsa,worked a treat but it wasn't metallic paint which might not have the same results.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Keep smiling !...but I can feel your pain!....
You work hard for something and a mindless idiot does that ....I'd kill the

My advice is leave it and see what the garage says first...then some of the advice on offer here would be a possibility if not resolved by them!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well good news! after asking in Halfords ive used some G3 scratch remover and its done the trick.only used a minimal amount to test but its done a cracking job. *phew*

bad news is i have no excuse for a go faster stripe CJ or Eagle on the bonnet
lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ahh you let down..

Glad you got it sorted without any problems. Time to set up a nighvision camera with built in machine gun turret to avoid it happening again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts