Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested to learn whether we all have scuffing/scrape-marks on the interior plastics caused by the metal tongues of the front seat belts whacking against the inside of the door and the inside of the B-pillar after the belt is unbuckled. It's so very easy to let the tongue and the strap simply whoosh back into their place against the pillar when we unfasten the belts, with the tongue clattering against the plastics as it shoots back to where it lives, gradually causing surface damage as the months go by.

Is there any way of reducing the effect of this by adjusting a spring somewhere, so that the tongue and strap don't shoot back into place quite so viciously?

Or is my car the only Captur in the world to suffer from this phenomenon? I must say I'm pretty hacked off about it, because I definitely didn't set out to buy a self-damaging car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tend to keep hold of mine by habit after releasing it, and let it slowly retract. Not so the rear passengers in my last Scenic who often slam the rear door with the buckle trapped inside. This does much more damage than scratched plastic trim.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....which is what I now do as well, having learned the hard way.:cry:

So does anyone know a way of making scuffed plastic go back to looking normal again? (Preferably not the method that involves using a heat gun to soften the plastic, followed by pressing something knobbly into the melted surface.)

You'd think there'd be a foolproof hack on YouTube, but I ain't seeing one. Or some magical product that comes in a bottle, called Auto Glym Interior Plastic Refurbisher.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts