Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time by time, when I am stuck in the traffic, something weird happens to my Captur: left parking sensor starts beeping, the frequency of beeping increases, then left sensor stops beeping and the central one starts, arriving up to "red distance frequency", then it stops, then right sensor starts beeping, frequency decreases until beeping stops.
In a few words: sensors detect a pedestrian crossing the street.
But there are no pedestrians around when it happens, only the car in front of me, 1 meter away, stuck in the traffic.

Question is: are sensors infrared-based or ultrasonic? In the first case I would suppose some kind of interference from sun, from reflecions, from rear lights of the preceeding car, or whatelse.
If they are ultrasonic... what's wrong with them?!? The preceeding car is not going backwards, so its sensor should not be active.

Is also the emergency brake based on these sensors? Time by time my Captur starts screaming and red-blinking, warning me to brake immediately.

But there is nothing in front of me, not even a car; only... ghosts. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
perhaps your car is detecting other cars nearby with the same technology?

I currently have a hired Mazda CX where the lane detectors trigger for no reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts