Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All

I am aware that the weather seals on the Captur are a weak point, and mine is no exception. The drivers side rear door has almost lost its seal [see photos].

As such, does anyone have any innovative ways of repairing this [I am thinking good old fashioned super glue?] or will that just be prone to a quick failure?

Having seen the post about a delay in parts [and the undoubted inflated Renault price] I wold rather fix [if possible] than buy new and get fitted.

TIA

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have not tried a fix yet, superglue does not stick to somethings.

It’s only a suggestion what about a puncture repair kit glue.

£1 at a £1 shop.

Let the forum know what works

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dick

Good idea that. I shall have to address the issue this week, so will let the forum know how I get on.

Scptt

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, not had chance to make the fix yet, but this weekend is my weekend off, so going to give it a go. Will update this thread once I have tried it out. Tomorrow looks like a wash out here in Stoke, so would be a good time to test it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know it won’t help in this case but after every wash I treat all the rubber seals and black vinyl with Autoglym vinyl and rubber care. It keeps all the seals clean and flexible. It even stopped the leaks on poor roof seals on an 02 Peugeot 206 cc which were notorious for leaking.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it won’t help in this case but after every wash I treat all the rubber seals and black vinyl with Autoglym vinyl and rubber care. It keeps all the seals clean and flexible. It even stopped the leaks on poor roof seals on an 02 Peugeot 206 cc which were notorious for leaking.
Very sensible that Grandpapaul. Especially this time of year where the frost can make the rubber brittle.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, here comes the update!

And....

It is good news! Last weekend I used some "gorilla super glue" to reattach the rubber weather seal back to the rubber mounting on the door. I gave it a thorough clean to degrease the surface (had some rubbing alcohol or similar to hand).

I then applied a small line down the middle of the door mounting and firmly held the seal in place. I then repeated this twice further as I worked my way down the seal. After 5 minutes I gave the seal a good test (wiggling and flicking it) and it stayed exactly where I glued it.

On closing the door it forms and excellent seal and (finger crossed) so far, is working as if it was never torn. I poured some water over the door and it ran off as it should.

The attached photo isn't great, but should show that the seal is once again attached as it should be.

It remains to be seen if it gets through the winter with numerous frost cycles and road-salt water attack, but so far, so good! 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Afternoon All

I am aware that the weather seals on the Captur are a weak point, and mine is no exception. The drivers side rear door has almost lost its seal [see photos].

As such, does anyone have any innovative ways of repairing this [I am thinking good old fashioned super glue?] or will that just be prone to a quick failure?

Having seen the post about a delay in parts [and the undoubted inflated Renault price] I wold rather fix [if possible] than buy new and get fitted.

TIA

Scott
I have repaired 1of my seals with super glue but only a small rip about 2" long, all 2 easy to rip them when washing the car,yet another Renault masterpiece.

·
Registered
769 Posts
13289820-1.jpg

Info required please from those members having problems with rear door seals

I have included a photo of a rear door was the problem seals broken on this black edge
of the door as indicated

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts