Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2014 Captur MediaNav, 1.5 Diesel.
I’ve owned since 2017 without a single bother.

Lockdown eased, I took a nice 3 hour motorway drive for a mini isolated weekend holiday break. Fine all the way there and back. Stopped at a shop as I hit my home town, back in the car - no right indication.

The indicator stick is engaging, both left and right. And clicking off when the corner is turned. Left is lighting up front and back, and illuminating on the dashboard with indication audio. Right has no dash light, no front or back indication, and no sound.

Not just in indication, the right orange lights aren’t working for hazards or locking/unlocking either.

All headlights and brake lights are fine on both sides. Wipers working. This is the ‘only’ issue, but is proving rather dangerous.

I’ve changed fuses 26 and 13 (right sided lights, just incase), to no avail. I’ve tried a ‘reset’ I read about, pressing the lock button three times and unlocking - repeat 3 times. No joy.

Is there anything else I can try before I incur a large cost at the garage?

Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Have you checked the bulbs ??

·
Registered
785 Posts
Relays are £15-£20,where they are located and how easy to get at I have no idea. Someone on here will tell you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi all,

Lockdown eased, I took a nice 3 hour motorway drive for a mini isolated weekend holiday break. Fine all the way there and back. Stopped at a shop as I hit my home town, back in the car - no right indication.

The indicator stick is engaging, both left and right. And clicking off when the corner is turned. Left is lighting up front and back, and illuminating on the dashboard with indication audio. Right has no dash light, no front or back indication, and no sound.

Not just in indication, the right orange lights aren’t working for hazards or locking/unlocking either.

All headlights and brake lights are fine on both sides. Wipers working. This is the ‘only’ issue, but is proving rather dangerous.

I’ve changed fuses 26 and 13 (right sided lights, just incase), to no avail. I’ve tried a ‘reset’ I read about, pressing the lock button three times and unlocking - repeat 3 times. No joy.

Many thanks.
[/QU
Hi all,

Many thanks.
Hi could be the stalk switch is faulty

·
Registered
341 Posts
If it was the stalk hazards would light all four indicators surely?
Hi a friend of mine had a similar problem on a Clio and the stalk switch is related to the body control module and a open or partial circuit causes all sorts of weird problems

·
Registered
454 Posts
Some cars don't use relays for turn indicators any more. I think later Renaults are in this category. Control is via the UCH/BCM and these are expensive modules. You have to hope for a bad connection, or faulty earth / short circuit. Double check the bulbs, and rig up a good earth connection temporarily. Check for voltage where you can.

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
Forgot to write the obvious one, yes :) But surely one bulb wouldn’t take out the whole side and the dashboard anyway?
I've known strange things happen on another car due to a poor connection to a bulb. Not a Renault but it was French.....

·
Registered
454 Posts
As I said, I wasn't sure. Can you post a link to one? I'll be interested. I know some sellers do conversion kits for LEDs and/or tow bars but I can't find an OEM part number for a flasher unit.

·
Registered
454 Posts
twodogs,I have no idea how to post a link. I did a Google search and loads of companies selling them came up.
Yes I agree you get loads of links, but if you follow them through they cannot identify a flasher unit for a specific model Captur. I'm pretty sure this is all controlled by the UCH (BCM in English).

·
Registered
785 Posts
twodogs,I've tried to get a specific,for my car,flasher unit using my reg number and you're right. Nothing comes up despite general site info claiming suitable for 2013> and 2020> model Captur,on a range of units.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi all :relay 26 seems to control both sides of the indicators. I still think maybe its the stalk on the steering column and it may be worth a punt look for Captur or Clio mk4 steering stalks

·
Registered
454 Posts
26 is the fuse. If the hazard switch only operates one side as well doesn't this rule out the steering column.

·
Registered
341 Posts
26 is the fuse. If the hazard switch only operates one side as well doesn't this rule out the steering column.
Hi, my daughter's Yaris had the same problem with all sorts of weird problems with hazard and indicators and a got a second hand stalk which sorted it out some of these steering stalks are generic to a lot of cars. I think the best route is to ask someone to do a diagnostic test first(if the fault shows up on the test). The I would imagine the OP wants the cheapest way out and if he took to a Renault dealer it would be costly

1 - 20 of 21 Posts