Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi, my daughter's Yaris had the same problem with all sorts of weird problems with hazard and indicators and a got a second hand stalk which sorted it out some of these steering stalks are generic to a lot of cars. I think the best route is to ask someone to do a diagnostic test first(if the fault shows up on the test). The I would imagine the OP wants the cheapest way out and if he took to a Renault dealer it would be costly
Agreed but you need a code reader that can read the Body Control Module (UCH) fault codes. These are non-generic and that means back to Renault or someone with a decent Renault specific code reader. I have an icarsoft reader which does most of this but a standard OBDII or ELM interface will not help. Failing that, I would remove the bulbs, one at a time and see if that makes any difference, checking the earth connections along the way. If there is a short circuit, or resistance problem, that could isolate the whole side. A multimeter would help too just to see if a 12v signal is trying to get through, even if for only an initial burst.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts