Renault Captur Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hi, my daughter's Yaris had the same problem with all sorts of weird problems with hazard and indicators and a got a second hand stalk which sorted it out some of these steering stalks are generic to a lot of cars. I think the best route is to ask someone to do a diagnostic test first(if the fault shows up on the test). The I would imagine the OP wants the cheapest way out and if he took to a Renault dealer it would be costly
Agreed but you need a code reader that can read the Body Control Module (UCH) fault codes. These are non-generic and that means back to Renault or someone with a decent Renault specific code reader. I have an icarsoft reader which does most of this but a standard OBDII or ELM interface will not help. Failing that, I would remove the bulbs, one at a time and see if that makes any difference, checking the earth connections along the way. If there is a short circuit, or resistance problem, that could isolate the whole side. A multimeter would help too just to see if a 12v signal is trying to get through, even if for only an initial burst.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would love to know if you managed to resolve this problem.

We have a 2014 Captur and have lost all lights on the drivers side except for full beam and rear tail light. Have checked the bulbs and fuses and all are fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts