Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my lights sat to auto.

In the dark the other night, I left the engine running, handbrake on, neutral and got out to have a look at the lights.

The front fog light on the drivers side was on.

Any ideas why folks?

Now not sure if it is on when I'm driving :-(

Thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi Rockabill Raz,What you have discovered, as Tuckerz has said, is the corner assist. This is a mechanism whereby a single fog light illuminates to give you a better night-time view when going around corners. With the headlights on (and not the fog lights)whilst turning to the left, the left-hand fog light will come on to illuminate the left-hand road-side. When turning to the right the right-hand side will come on. When in reverse with the headlights on, both the fog lights will come on. This is so you get a good night-time view of the area around the front of the car which will swing out as you turn when going backwards.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup... You were right. I tried it yesterday evening and it is to do with the fog lights coming on for cornering. Many thanks to all of you!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Problem is that the a pillar is so big that you can't see down into the light so it's just a good selling point and something else to go wrong!

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts
BMB said:
Hi there

Does the cornering assistance come standard on the Expression?
Not in the UK it doesn't

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
It's utterly useless.<div abp="1538">Our 06-09 Clio had auxiliary lights built into the headlights for cornering.<br abp="1539">They actually made a difference and my wife still harps on about them.<br abp="1540">She's not even aware the foglights come on when cornering in the Captur, that's how utterly useless they are.
<div abp="1538">I also noticed both come on when you reverse, anyone else noticed that?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
crossbow said:
This is so you get a good night-time view of the area around the front of the car which will swing out as you turn when going backwards.
Meanwhile an iphone torch is better than the reversing light.
What funny logic, that they want to improve the lighting at the front of the car while reversing, but the actual reversing light itselfis hopeless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts