Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
At courses in driving schools, potential drivers are warned that in the first year after the license is issued, it is better to abandon the idea of driving independently in the winter. This is due to the increased difficulty of driving a vehicle on snow-covered roads. Even in large cities, road services do not always cope with the snow cover on the roads, and in rural areas or outside the main routes, they do not pay enough attention to road cleaning.
You know, I really needed a license in the winter time and there was no time to pull any more. I started looking for information on the Internet and came across https://www.anewdriver.ie/. Initially, I didn't even think about how difficult it could be, but thanks to the patience and skills of my instructor, James, the training was very easy and clear.

·
Super Moderator
2,737 Posts
^
Recommend for what? Winter driving in snow, or an "all season" tyre?.
The best recommendation if you have the space and money is to have 2 sets of wheels and tyres (1 set winter/snow, 1 set "normal", and fit the set most appropriate for your local conditions

·
Registered
44 Posts
Captur has wider tyres as standard than the C1, wider tyres glides more easily on wet, snow and ice. So not really about the car, it’s about the tyres.
There are some acceptable all season tyres from Nokian, Goodyear and Falken, but they are not as good in winter as winter tyres and not as good in summer as summer tyres. But they are better in winter than summer tyres and better in summer than winter tyres. Bridgestone has an all season tyre that is more a summer tyre with extended grip in cold weather.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts