Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

for my Captur 1.5Dci R-Link, the driving style indicator is not activated, is there a way to turn it on?

regards,
Hani.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your reply,it seems that my captur doesn't have this option,, as the ECO switch is not there,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everyone. I have just joined the owners club. I have an all singing & dancing captur with R link and have been following the topic of "driving style indicator". Mine is on all the time ( I have never used Eco driving mode) and despite the info on page 73 of the downloaded guide I can't turn the thing off! I find it quite annoying and would welcome any help. Other than this, I am very pleases with the car. Many Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Centre console under the handbreak, when you press it, it will read Eco on your display if its on and no display when off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Giz1972. Thanks for getting back to me on this. I do not use Eco driving but the driving style indicator is always on (not the eco driving symbol). Most of the time the colour is green but occasionally starts to go into the yellow if I don't change gear at the right time. Local dealer who sold me the car doesn't know how to turn it off. Help!

Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
as giz says there is a eco button under the handbrakeand there is a cruise control button as well.does yours not have these ???

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Isn't there an option within R-link to turn them on or off ?
(I haven't got R-link myself so cannot check it out)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Hicky. Yes I have the Eco button & also the cruise control/speed limiter buttons. All these functions work ok but I can't see how to turn off the green driving style indicator light. This is the long light that changes clour from Green to Yellow to Orange depending on your driving style and I find it a distraction. According to the online instruction book for the R link, I should be able to disable this function but I can't see how.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi HIcky. Yes I have the eco button & the cruise control & speed limiter buttons and these functions all work OK. I am distracted by the long green driving style inndicator light (green to yellow to orange) and according to the online R link manual I should be able to disable the feature but I can't see how. Help.

Thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer because onthe medianav manuel it says the lights will not come on unless in eco mode.????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I realise that this has nothing to do with ECO drive. I know I should be able to turn it off through the R link Media Settings menu but it won't let me do this. I took the car to the local renault dealer who said that it can't be turned off. It's a pain.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your dealer is incorect. See page 2.12 of User Manual.

Driving style indicator 2
Informs you about the driving style
adopted in real time. You will be notified
by the colour of warning light 2.
""“ Green: measured, economical driving;
""“ Yellow: opt for a calmer driving style;
""“ Orange: driving too fast.
The driving style indicator is activated
by default.
If you wish to deactivate it,
please see the multimedia system instructions.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm in the same boat where the Driving Style indicator is concerned. I can't remember now how I activated it but I recall it was very flattering to my driving style as indicated by the green light once I had finished the drive. Now the temptation is to go wild to see if the colour will change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi am I right in saying you must have the r link to get the driving style indicator to activate as i don't see anything about the r link in the car manual

1 - 20 of 21 Posts