Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first time in buying a new car and I've opted for the Captur, love the design and the interiors.

Opted for the Diesel version and Tahoe Blue as a one-tone colour, expected to be picking it up on the 5th of October, very excited and looking forward to driving it 40 miles home.

Haven't opted for any particular extra's, only the spare wheel but it'll still be great!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like it arrived early (16th) - off to pick it up on Saturday hopefully.
Was due on the 5th of October - very exciting, can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I ordered it. Have been wondering if I should have got the R-Link though...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great news hope you enjoy it all.....I pick mine up tomorrow,it just isnt coming quick enough!

·
Registered
588 Posts
glad you got it early, gives hope to us all lol and would be very interested what you think of the medianav as thats what ive opted for

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did read that the medianav supports the ability to show which lane you need to be in for motorways which is a nice feature. I guess, there's a potential for them to become out-dated but it looks like we can manually upgrade.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i only use mine on occasion so i couldnt warrent the extra price of the Rlink, but hoping im not disappointed with it :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks, I will enjoy the drive! Was at the dealership last night and managed to get a picture - very happy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked it up yesterday - amazing to drive and do love the car but the dealership let me down a little bit, the aerial hadn't actually been attached, the windows were dirty and I found a sweet wrapper down the side of the passengers seat which isn't great.
I've slowly been figuring out a lot of the technology, I would assume the folding mirrors were an option? should have got them! Suppose it's a little bit of exercise for me :p Just what the car can do is amazing and the stop start technology has been working straight away for me (oddly though, even if the AC is on - don't know if anyone else has experienced that?) - it really does start again before the clutch even hits the floor, amazing!

What more could you want from a car? I must remember to fill it with diesel and not petrol! Definitely recommended car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Glad to read you like your Captur. With regards to the folding wing mirrors, according to the brochure they on appear to be available on the top model, they don't appear optional on other models.

With the stop start feature it will stop even with the AC on I think it depends on how much the AC is having to work at the time and the difference between the inside and outside temperature.

Not good of your dealership to leave windows dirty and a sweet wrapper in the car, I hope you informed them of your 'slight' disappointment.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it...I too can't wait to get it registered and on the road!

Another satisfied Renault Capture customer!...Small black mark for the dealer!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks - just tried to washing my windescreen with my wipers and nothing came out, I thought maybe it's frozen slightly so tried when the car was warmer - still nothing! Took a look at it and turns out, the washer bottle was empty - I guess that's something else the dealer forgot to check? I'm actually really disappointed in the dealer now.
Did anyone elses come with an empty washer bottle? Or do they all come like that from the dealer?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
aseymour, that's truly pathetic...You have a right to have all of these things prepared and ready...

I expect everything prepared and checked...nothing more...nothing less!

Someone else on the forum has been treated badly over a warranty claim, and sees it as a black mark against Renault and the car he's chosen...well it really isn't ...it's down to service and aftercare by the dealer..Perhaps if more of us complained over 'the little things' we might end up with dealers that represent Renault well...(rant over).

·
Registered
824 Posts
I agree.....the dealers really do need to up their game,its a sad situation....new model.....bad service....its unforgivable really......a new car should be an occasion not a dread!
Had a few bad new car "events" in the past,this day and age I would hope as customer service now plays such a major part in most companies mission statements they would be getting better.....sadly it doesnt seem so.....in most consumer led products!........rant over too!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
In this day and age most companies issue some form of customer satisfaction questionnaire when a 'considered' purchase is made just as my Renault dealer did when I purchased mine. Although I had no issues with my dealer and gave full marks you would expect any one to act on negative feedback, so it's a shame to hear that some Renault dealers are coming up to the mark, however those who don't come up to scratch seem to be few and far between.

I remember when I purchased my last car (Peugeot) I was told that I would be receiving a questionaire and presented me with one completed showing me how to answer the questions - cheeky b******s is all I can say !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts