Renault Captur Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
aseymour said:
Thanks - just tried to washing my windescreen with my wipers and nothing came out, I thought maybe it's frozen slightly so tried when the car was warmer - still nothing! Took a look at it and turns out, the washer bottle was empty - I guess that's something else the dealer forgot to check? I'm actually really disappointed in the dealer now.
Did anyone elses come with an empty washer bottle? Or do they all come like that from the dealer?
I would ask to speak to the Dealer Principal and question if the car was actually pre delivery inspected (PDi) at all and I would get them to go over it again. And inform them when you receive your customer care questionnaire from Renault you will not be pulling any punches. dealers rely greatly on good feedback as the Customer Satisfaction Index is what their bonus's from Renault are based upon.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Thanks guys, i'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what compensation I can get from them (if any) as it really has taken the enjoyment of getting a new car that I have to go and complain to them because they failed to do their job - more amazingly, how you can miss something that is on a checklist??? I'll post back with what they say, very disappointed.

Its so obvious at times as to how the PDI sheet has been filled in..........basically in most cases a quick ticking off from top to bottom without even opening the bonnet in most cases I suspect too! I bought a brand new Astra GTE back in the 80s the PDI sheet had been so neatly filled in with fluid levels clearly ticked off as checked...collected the car took it home,raised the bonnet and found all the factory card stickers and QA notices still stuck to the engine (all over it!) one of which was touching the belt and chaffing to such a degree it was beginning to singe and turn dark brown it really could have caused a lot of damage.I called the dealer complained about it and received a "Sorry" over the phone there and then....... and that was it.....the same dealer 3 days later was threateneing to sue me for an unpaid bill for rear seatbelts (at that time optional) that they had not taken out at the PDI inspection, when I objected to this they said "We will rip them out when you bring your car in for its first 5000 mile checkover".........it shouldnt happen a new car should be special.......but it still does Im afraid.....sorry to hear of your problem aseymour!!

Frosty said:
Astra GTE now that takes me back
proper old school hot hatch!
ha ha yeah Frosty it seems ironic that the Astra GTE was a first with the electronic dashboard......now I have bought a Captur with an updated version of it.....well albeit with a dial rev counter.....the GTE was a digital graph scale.....it was a lovely car but shortly after I bought it they brought out the 2.0 GTE 16V mine was a 1.8 8v...still a good car......you don't see many of them left these days the rear end was a bit of a rust trap especially around the rear wheel arches !

Discussion starter · #26 ·
So,

they offered to take it back, give it a full clean and a full tank of fuel which I went there today so they could do the PDI inspection that they didn't do the first time, the clean and the fuel.

Dropped it off at 8:30am, went back at 12 to pick it up, firstly, I could have done a better job of cleaning it and they claimed they were only told to put £20 of fuel in (which I don't even believe they'd put that much in it) - to which I was fuming but the after sales manager who told them to do that isn't in until Monday.

They also tell me, the judder when you take my foot off the accelerator is that the turbo instantly stops - no idea whether this is actually true or not?

Hugely disappointed with the amount of issues I've had with the dealership and all of their messing me about, tempted to cancel the finance and return it because I'm sick of dealing with them.

not good enough mate, they have spoilt what should have been a great day for you and as for the judder that just sounds like

its a shame that the only complaints we seem to get on the forum is for bad dealerships...everyone seems pleased with the car itself. Renault really need to up their game now and drop in unannounced at some of their so-called dealerships and see for themselves how they are being represented in the UK.

hopefully you can get something sorted aseymour, i'll have my fingers crossed for you

Hmm, id be inclined to say that turbo excuse is a crock of
they're feeding you mate. I've got some limited knowledge ill attempt to share..

The turbo on the diesel is a turbine thats powered by hot exhaust gases from the engine, so decelerating would just cause the turbine to gradually slow down and safely reduce the pressure in the casing etc, stopping immediately would do all sorts of damage due to the massive pressure inside (so much pressure the diesel engine doesn't need to ignite the fuel as it essentially squashes it so hard it explodes). I wouldnt be best pleased with that treatment either,its your hard earned money. These dealers should be bending over backwards for customers when it comes to big purchases. Hope you get the problems fixed soon! Edited by: Cj86

Judder from turbo? Please, what a load of bull...Have had turbos for years and never heard such nonsense. Get on to your finance as well and start giving them ****, promise to stop payments until it is sorted (but don't do it yet)

Not good enough!! Good advice being given by my forum friends..Don't accept the bull aboit the turbo..you have a problem and it needs resolved!! Good luck mate!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.