Renault Captur Forums banner

Dynamique Diesel Ordered!

5K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  Ythsie 
#1 ·
My first time in buying a new car and I've opted for the Captur, love the design and the interiors.

Opted for the Diesel version and Tahoe Blue as a one-tone colour, expected to be picking it up on the 5th of October, very excited and looking forward to driving it 40 miles home.

Haven't opted for any particular extra's, only the spare wheel but it'll still be great!

#27 ·
not good enough mate, they have spoilt what should have been a great day for you and as for the judder that just sounds like

its a shame that the only complaints we seem to get on the forum is for bad dealerships...everyone seems pleased with the car itself. Renault really need to up their game now and drop in unannounced at some of their so-called dealerships and see for themselves how they are being represented in the UK.

hopefully you can get something sorted aseymour, i'll have my fingers crossed for you

#28 ·
Hmm, id be inclined to say that turbo excuse is a crock of
they're feeding you mate. I've got some limited knowledge ill attempt to share..

The turbo on the diesel is a turbine thats powered by hot exhaust gases from the engine, so decelerating would just cause the turbine to gradually slow down and safely reduce the pressure in the casing etc, stopping immediately would do all sorts of damage due to the massive pressure inside (so much pressure the diesel engine doesn't need to ignite the fuel as it essentially squashes it so hard it explodes). I wouldnt be best pleased with that treatment either,its your hard earned money. These dealers should be bending over backwards for customers when it comes to big purchases. Hope you get the problems fixed soon! Edited by: Cj86

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.