Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think its already on sale in some stores, comes in 5ltr containers. . To mix with fuel , but have not heard if it works or not. Or what quantities to mix.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just been reading about E10,apparently using it will increase fuel consumption by 3-5%. Might not sound much but doesn't that mean 2.7-4.5% more petrol will be burned?
Who is going to grow al this wheat and maize? They are doing away with the tax free status of red diesel that farmers use,supposedly to save the planet. As if farmers aren't struggling enough. Nothing to do with the £2.4bn that would be raised in tax.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Was looking at a league table of the worlds CO2 producers the other day.Remember the EU? Always bashing the UK with a big stick,telling us to clean up our act or else.
Number three in the dirty league:- The EU. Number 18? The U.K.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Another "well thought out" plan. Biofuels still produce CO2 when burnt and, as said above, might be less efficient so will produce even more. You have to re-grow the fuel source to theoretically re-absorb the CO2. Does that really make sense in the long term?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Was looking at a league table of the worlds CO2 producers the other day.Remember the EU? Always bashing the UK with a big stick,telling us to clean up our act or else.
Number three in the dirty league:- The EU. Number 18? The U.K.
I saw that. China and the US make up about 40% of the world's contribution to global warming. Germany is the biggest polluter in the EU with about 2%. UK is just over 1%. So why the **** are all the Extinction Revolution nutters and that annoying Scandinavian kid who should be in school making such a fuss in England. Nothing they can do in the UK will have any significance globally. Same goes for Government wallies raising taxes and making carbon free promises that they can't keep, yet everyone will have to pay for. Chinese annual growth alone already exceeds UK annual production of CO2.

Rant over..

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That Scandinavian kid is over here kicking off because she knows she is protected while giving us this bile.
Don't think she will try it in China

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
What about E10 in diesel? I have an immaculate 2008 Kia Rio crdi and I think I remember that years ago Kia were warning against putting more than 5% ethanol in diesel due to fuel pump problems

·
Registered
943 Posts
I saw that. China and the US make up about 40% of the world's contribution to global warming. Germany is the biggest polluter in the EU with about 2%. UK is just over 1%. So why the **** are all the Extinction Revolution nutters and that annoying Scandinavian kid who should be in school making such a fuss in England. Nothing they can do in the UK will have any significance globally. Same goes for Government wallies raising taxes and making carbon free promises that they can't keep, yet everyone will have to pay for. Chinese annual growth alone already exceeds UK annual production of CO2.

Rant over..
Think Poland a big contributor as well, lots of coal Power Stations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts