Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse my ignorance, I am just wondering I have a captur 2016, I have been using 95 or 98 since buying the car, with petrol prices going up so much, would it be okay to fill up with e10?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The continent uses E10, it should be ok , the downside is it could contain more water, it's more hydroscopic than E5. It's not good to store it or keep it in the tank for over 4 months , years of usage could crode the fuel pipes due to it's hydroscopic properties.

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
E10 has been used on mainland Europe for a few years and the UK took a while to phase it out. I can't believe that any car company would have developed engines in differnt specs for EU and UK, so I reckon it should be fine. As far as it "going off" after a while......... on 3 Feb my younger daughter's car was involved in an accident that took it off the road. I collected it from our chosen bodyshop at the end of last month after repairs (4 months almost to the day) and found it was about 3/4 full (with E10); it had got through a minor front-end rebuild, a service and MoT with no issues and it started and ran absolutely fine for me; I did filll it up with E5 super unleaded and I've subsequently done about 250 miles in it, and it's running as if it were new. This has given me a degree of confidence that E10 isn't as bad as many are making it out to be.

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
E10 or 95 should be fine. You don't need 98. Hygroscopic can be good if the system is not overloaded with water. If you are concerned, try half a tank to start with. As @IvorETower says, E10 has been around for a while (although we are still on E5 in my corner of Portugal).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts