Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '21 PHEV Captur Easy Link has come up with the message 'Map is inconsistent (corrupted?) and needs replacing' - have no idea what caused this? All Map/Navigation sytems are dead.
Cannot find a setting in Easy Link to download/replace map.
No Map software update/replacement invitations visible.
Any ideas please how to replace a corrupted map?
Thanks for any advice.
Roy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi I’ve got a 2018 gtline captur and recently was a wee bit enthusiastic when cleaning interior and wiped my rlink screen with antibacterial wipe and everything on screen went a bit crazy and like you I lost all maps, I read another post on here where someone else did exact same thing and apparently the wipes leave a residue on screen and the screen literally froze no matter what I pressed it was unresponsive. The post I read the guy wiped it again with spectacle wipes and everything returned to normal. I was going to do same but tried a soft reset by holding in the on/off button for few seconds and guess what immediately it came up on screen searching for maps it completely re installed maps and the screen returned to normal, maybe worth a try or if that doesn’t work press the home button on screen 5 times in a row this does a reset , hope one of these works for you. Incidentally it states in manual always use a microfiber cloth to clean screen!! Now I know why lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Arri.
Doing a soft reset does not change anything and I am still getting as per photo.
Product Font Darkness Photo caption Rectangle

I have now found 'Map Update' on Easy Link but selecting it still brings up the same error message above.
I cannot seem to make the hard reset work? I have tried pressing quickly (with engine on), no go. If I press too slowly then it simply brings one of the set screens up - am I missing a trick?
Thanks.
Roy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Arri.
Doing a soft reset does not change anything and I am still getting as per photo. View attachment 1178
I have now found 'Map Update' on Easy Link but selecting it still brings up the same error message above.
I cannot seem to make the hard reset work? I have tried pressing quickly (with engine on), no go. If I press too slowly then it simply brings one of the set screens up - am I missing a trick?
Thanks.
Roy

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is a video on YouTube showing how to do the reset on home button it’s a very concise pressing 1 2 3 4 5 Google reset on Renault captur rlink it’s maybe better if you see it done, failing that try downloading update for your vehicle from pc to 32 g usb you can also see how to on YouTube, but do not remove or download to your sd card only to 32fat usb you put your vin number into rlink toolbox on pc it will show you if updates are available for your vehicle, again video of procedure is on YouTube

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a video on YouTube showing how to do the reset on home button it’s a very concise pressing 1 2 3 4 5 Google reset on Renault captur rlink it’s maybe better if you see it done, failing that try downloading update for your vehicle from pc to 32 g usb you can also see how to on YouTube, but do not remove or download to your sd card only to 32fat usb you put your vin number into rlink toolbox on pc it will show you if updates are available for your vehicle, again video of procedure is on YouTube
Thanks will try ....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you to eveyone who offered help. Problem now solved.
I was indeed eventually able to download a new map onto a USB stick on my PC and back load into my Captur.
Note new map is 20GB and takes a while to download and check.
For the future/others, below is what Renault sent me and was succesful after I started talking to them via their WhatsApp link (found this method useful).
I think my maybe not turning the engine on during initial mapping, perhaps leaving another USB in the second socket whilst mapping may have contributed to this method not working for me first time around.

Dear Roy,
I'm contacting you following the whatsapp conversation we had today regarding the situation you are currently facing with the map on your Easy Link.
As I have mentioned in the conversation, I'd like you to update the map on your Easy Link through a computer. Please follow these simple steps:
Step 1 – Gather the fingerprint
Please use a 32GB USB formatted to FAT32 to gather the fingerprint or device information. You just need to go to the car, connect the USB, start the engine, the sat nav and leave the USB connected for two minutes. Please ensure no other USB is connected at the time and the sat nav will do the rest.
When you return to the computer, you should have a folder or file called "AllianceNDSMapConfig" inside the USB. This is a file that will allow the Toolbox to recognise the USB and your Easy Link.
Step 2 - Download and install the Toolbox on your computer.
Please see below the links for the Toolbox for Windows and Mac.
Windows:
https://tbxhostingprodcustomer.blob...indows/exe/Renault CONNECT Toolbox-latest.exe
Mac:
https://tbxhostingprodcustomer.blob...lt/mac/dmg/Renault CONNECT Toolbox-latest.dmg
Step 3 – Download and install the map
After you have the Toolbox installed, connect the USB with the fingerprint to the computer and download the new map. You have the option to download the full map or you can select just a specific country.
When the file is on the USB, please take it to the car, start the engine and keep it running while the map is being installed.
Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email or call me on the number provided below. Your case reference is 4-13577650 and I am here to help. Stay safe!

Kind Regards,
Andreia Pereira
Customer Service Representative
Renault Connected Services
Tel: +44 344 369 0000
9:00 AM to 5:30 PM, Mon to Fri

1 - 10 of 10 Posts