Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an observation in regard to the ECO button...
as we know all models come with an Eco button on the centre console,which when
pushed, limits engine power and I think AC output and thereby boosts your fuel economy by up to 10
per cent ""“ which is a very useful feature to have if you spend a lot of
your driving time nipping around town and cruising on the motorway.
I have noticed that with the ECO on the engine seems a lot happier and smoother.........anyone else noticed this? You can tell power output is reduced,not by much I have to add!

I have the 90 TCe engine,manual gearbox!
<div style="overflow: ; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : rgb255, 255, 255; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting observation - will try tomorrow and report back, as I haven't put it on yet

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am one for saving fuel and indeed money and therefore have always had the Eco button on so cannot comment. I am happy with the power the engine gives so have had no real need to switch it off.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I got my DCi90 on Monday and havent tried the eco button till to day on a slightly longer run. Got to say it was a bit inconclusive. I,m doing about 60mpg just knocking about and thats a good10 mpg on my previous car.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Can anyone comment on the real effect on the air con with the eco on?I'm in the a/c industry and when we see eco buttons on remote controllers all this means is the set temperature is raised by 2oC so it won't cool as much,for exampleif you have it set to 21 then in reality it will cool to 23saving you energy

·
Registered
317 Posts
Frosty, based on what I have experienced so far I would tend to agree with what you have said. I can only really compare the air con with my previous car to that in the Captur with the Eco button on in that the Capture isn't as effective. It isn't a problem and I dont mind however I did notice the other morning that my rear window started to steam up. A quick blast of the demister solved it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Auto express recently carried out a major test in all myths relating to mpg and they found thathaving the a/c on around town makes a difference of around 5% less mpg but on a motorway the difference was almost nothing, its quite an interesting read and it concluded that the biggest effect on mpg was weight

·
Registered
306 Posts

Don't worry they were talking about a family holiday with roof boxes, kids, dogs and everything plus the kitchen sink!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts