Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When parked with the engine off and having opened a door, the windowscan then only be operated by starting the engine. On my oldClio the front windows could beopened/shut simply by pressing the stop/start button without actually starting the engine.Inconvenient when leaving passengers in a parked car as they cannot operate the windows!

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you put the key card in the slot the windows will operate without starting up the engine. (That's what I've found).

It's a pain as I had a megane before the captur and it had self closing windows soon as I locked it. Suppose it was linked to the megane having an alarm system.

·
Super Moderator
2,757 Posts
Norfolkgirl said:
It's a pain as I had a megane before the captur and it had self closing windows soon as I locked it. Suppose it was linked to the megane having an alarm system.
So if you have the alarm fitted to a Captur, will you get auto-closing windows as an added feature? Anyone know? (I'll find out in 10 weeks' time if nobody answere before then)

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I have had an alarm fitted and the windows don't close automatically, matter of fact I have to leave the car unlocked so that the alarm will not go off by itself.In Renault at the moment having new alarm fitted, but it may take a week!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
sorry mike norfolkgirl is right it only seems to work with the card in the slot it is a pain i had a laguna that you could shut the windows with the ignition off but alas not the capture

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just tried and yes, with the keycard in the slot the windows dooperate for a period of time. Thanks forthe info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts