Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 S Edition 90tce seems to have nothing but electrical issues. The trip computer will automatically reset at random intervals, the car will cut out at traffic lights (as is designed) then won't turn back on - sometimes taking up to 3 minutes to do so! The fuel gauge and distance to empty read out seems erratic at best. "Front Radar No Visibility" despite the fact that both the camera and radar are clear! Wing mirrors that refuse to fold out.
-
Renault have already looked at my car and reprogrammed the ECU but that doesn't seem to have sorted the issue. Has anyone else had experience with problems like this?

·
Registered
2020 Captur 1.3 S Red/black
14 Posts
My 2020 S Edition 90tce seems to have nothing but electrical issues. The trip computer will automatically reset at random intervals, the car will cut out at traffic lights (as is designed) then won't turn back on - sometimes taking up to 3 minutes to do so! The fuel gauge and distance to empty read out seems erratic at best. "Front Radar No Visibility" despite the fact that both the camera and radar are clear! Wing mirrors that refuse to fold out.
-
Renault have already looked at my car and reprogrammed the ECU but that doesn't seem to have sorted the issue. Has anyone else had experience with problems like this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve had similar problems also flat battery twice. Had new battery fitted at 3000 miles but they forgot to reboot the computers. Take your vehicle back to your dealer. Get them to check delivery fuse too.
then complain to Renault head office via email to M.D.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all I have similar issues. So I have a 2020 1.5dci (95bhp) s edition. Owned it a few months and the problems I have encountered so far are. Trip meter/mpg resets every few days on its own accord. When the auto lights come on the instrument cluster goes very dark as does the touch screen. Yes I can adjust the brightness with the switch at the side of the steering wheel but it always reverts back to dark when the auto lights come on. A small niggle is the weather widget shows only in Fahrenheit! Lastly on one occasion every single light came on the dash for approx 4 seconds then everything in the car reset even the instrument cluster style, it locked the rear windows as well. (Strange) Car drives faultless but these electrical niggles are starting to put me off the car. I took it back to Renault dealers and guess what they couldn't find anything wrong with it nor have they heard of any problems like this before. The car came back more mucky than before it went in despite saying they've washed it (Someomes been using the same water on every vehicle lol) The car still has these problems by thr way. Not sure what to do now. I had a kadjar previously and that wasn't without its problems. Dealers had the car for several weeks and turned out to be the earth strap on the gearbox causing lights to flash up on the dash. That's another story anyway. Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all I have similar issues. So I have a 2020 1.5dci (95bhp) s edition. Owned it a few months and the problems I have encountered so far are. Trip meter/mpg resets every few days on its own accord. When the auto lights come on the instrument cluster goes very dark as does the touch screen. Yes I can adjust the brightness with the switch at the side of the steering wheel but it always reverts back to dark when the auto lights come on. A small niggle is the weather widget shows only in Fahrenheit! Lastly on one occasion every single light came on the dash for approx 4 seconds then everything in the car reset even the instrument cluster style, it locked the rear windows as well. (Strange) Car drives faultless but these electrical niggles are starting to put me off the car. I took it back to Renault dealers and guess what they couldn't find anything wrong with it nor have they heard of any problems like this before. The car came back more mucky than before it went in despite saying they've washed it (Someomes been using the same water on every vehicle lol) The car still has these problems by thr way. Not sure what to do now. I had a kadjar previously and that wasn't without its problems. Dealers had the car for several weeks and turned out to be the earth strap on the gearbox causing lights to flash up on the dash. That's another story anyway. Cheers
My car is going in to Renault in Hillington on Wednesday. Hopefully they find something wrong with it instead of just "resetting the computer" as they did last time

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, you can reset the temperature via the screen/settings.
the screen does dim you can’t stop that just lighten it up with the switch.
also just check all the fuses are pushed in properly both fuse boxes. Had mine
in checked 20 onboard computer chips
regards
ribert

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
regards
ribert
The screen shouldn't dim right through way down though unless you set it that way. It should memorise the brightness you set it to and keep it there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
regards
ribert
Hi Robert iv checked everywhere in the screen menues to divert to Celsius but there is no option for this anywhere. Also When I say the instrument/screen goes dull when the lights come (like in every car) it is actually that dull you can't read anything on the display unless you brighten it up via the switch. Defiantly a fault or a complete stupid design. Had renaults most of my life but my 1988 renault 5 turbo had less niggles that the new renaults Iv had in the past few years. Certainly not acceptable for a new car. Will report back if I have any luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
The screen shouldn't dim right through way down though unless you set it that way. It should memorise the brightness you set it to and keep it there.
Hi Mark. Exactly it keeps defaulting back to the dimmest setting. No matter how many times I increase the brightness to my liking it will just go back to the dullest setting. So annoying!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Robert iv checked everywhere in the screen menues to divert to Celsius but there is no option for this anywhere. Also When I say the instrument/screen goes dull when the lights come (like in every car) it is actually that dull you can't read anything on the display unless you brighten it up via the switch. Defiantly a fault or a complete stupid design. Had renaults most of my life but my 1988 renault 5 turbo had less niggles that the new renaults Iv had in the past few years. Certainly not acceptable for a new car. Will report back if I have any luck
The dashboard brightness is a fault. My dealer confirmed that. As for the weather widget, I spoke to Renault Multimedia when I got the car and they said they were aware of it and were pushing an update to sort it, but that was 1 year ago

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Mark. Exactly it keeps defaulting back to the dimmest setting. No matter how many times I increase the brightness to my liking it will just go back to the dullest setting. So annoying!
Hi Chris,
complain toRenault headquaters as they give you the impression all is well On the Captur2. Email the CEO. Find his name on the web.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same here, twice in a year.
Hi,
This is the email to CEO Renault. You are directed to the Executive floor with a reply but bypass the young ladies who answer but know very little. I’m not confident that dealers contact Renault, there is a problem and it’s needs sorting. My case is on the Renault system and remains open as I said that should my problem reoccur I would seek a replacement vehicle.
please contact Renault direct
[email protected]
Robert

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
This is the email to CEO Renault. You are directed to the Executive floor with a reply but bypass the young ladies who answer but know very little. I’m not confident that dealers contact Renault, there is a problem and it’s needs sorting. My case is on the Renault system and remains open as I said that should my problem reoccur I would seek a replacement vehicle.
please contact Renault direct
[email protected]
Robert
Hi Robert thankyou very much for that I will drop him an email tomorrow and go from there. Something needs to be done as the dealers are in general clueless.. if the computer says no.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, I am still waiting to get my Car back from them - it's been in a week now. I have been told that the Airbag ring needs replacing? I'm struggling to see how the airbag ring would affect the engine cutting out as that generally isnt controlled by any of the steering wheel controls. Does that sound right to anyone? I dont want to have to take my car in again for a third time for the same issue

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, I am still waiting to get my Car back from them - it's been in a week now. I have been told that the Airbag ring needs replacing? I'm struggling to see how the airbag ring would affect the engine cutting out as that generally isnt controlled by any of the steering wheel controls. Does that sound right to anyone? I dont want to have to take my car in again for a third time for the same issue
Hi Mark,
contact Renault direct. Dealer cannot sort out needs input from Renault HQ.

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
227 Posts
I'm struggling to see how the airbag ring would affect the engine cutting out as that generally isnt controlled by any of the steering wheel controls.
I would say that an error that says the airbag has deployed would make the engine cut out for safety reasons.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I’ve had similar problems also flat battery twice. Had new battery fitted at 3000 miles but they forgot to reboot the computers. Take your vehicle back to your dealer. Get them to check delivery fuse too.
then complain to Renault head office via email to M.D.
Now that we are in cold season, you can verify by yourself that there is an high-consuming always-on device on the car: if you park outside and you find your windscreen completely covered by white ice in the early morning, you will also see two "holes" in the ice in the lower-center part of the windscreen, where it remains so warm that it can't get frozen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts