Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've had my Captur for a week. In that time, the autostop has become intermittent (I know the situations when it won't work, none apply), but the lights!! Oh my god!! The lights!! On auto, in the dark, the dash says the headlights and sidelights are on but infact the headlights and front left fog are on. The front right fog comes on when you put the car in reverse...

I've read that the front fogs come on when the car is in reverse and this does happen on my car (TCe 90). This can NOT be a 'feature'?! I've never driven a car backwards and needed the extra light at the front. What the ****? Every time you turn the car left, the left fog comes on, right and the right fog comes on. Leaving my house, I have to negotiate a series of small roundabouts. The car is flashing like a cheap disco. What the ****? Again. When you indicate left, the left fog comes on, right and the right fog comes on. This can't possibly be a feature? Seriously?? This must be more than a little distracting for the car in front. Dangerous? Please please please can someone tell me this isn't a feature? If it is, the car is going back for good.

Finally, the medianav forgets my phone. I have to remind it once I'm going by selecting it every time.

Car booked in with Renault Service on Tuesday but would value thoughts - anybody else have electric problems? Lights? Am beginning to think I've been sold a crock of c**p. Such a shame, was enjoying it until I realised all this.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ive had no lighting problems. My fogs left or rightonly come on when cornering left or right, and then only if my lights are activated. Havnt noticed them coming on when reversing will look out for that, but cant see it bothering me. My last car a fiat had exactly the same feature and it is genuinely helpful when motoring in poorly lit suburbia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, have since discovered turning / indicating lights are indeed a 'feature' but I have a fault with the fogs coming on when reversing, the auto light system, autostop and bluetooth. Let's see if Renault can sort that lot.

But, in my opinion, the turning light 'feature' is ridiculous for urban night driving - if you need extra light to turn, you shouldn't be driving... Way too gimmicky, annoying and diverting for other drivers and distracting for me - unnecessary - would be good for Renault to rethink rather than follow the crowd in style-over-substance design features. This is not a safety feature, it's a fad - perhaps good to light up a garage in the middle of nowhere (in which case, make it an optional manual switch on), but for city driving? Awful. Fed up of having cars pull up to tell me I have a fog light out while sat indicating at traffic lights. Looks like a fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds allright. Safety first. Parking a car has a vulnarable moment to be hit in front (happened to me once). So extra warning-lights are no luxury.

·
Registered
137 Posts
CapKate said:

But, in my opinion, the turning light 'feature' is ridiculous for urban night driving - if you need extra light to turn, you shouldn't be driving...

You should try driving without this feature in Romania
. There are holes in the road andsewersare often way below the road and/or without a cap. So, I think this is a VERY useful feature because you can see where you are going before the wheeldisappears

1 - 9 of 9 Posts