Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with my captur 1.2 tce blowing a fuse. It brings up the STOP light and spanner light and displays the message “Engine Failure Hazard”.
Driving ok then fault comes on, engine running normally. Traced to 15 amp fuse blown next to blue box (ECU?) under bonnet. Brings up 15 or so faults on local garage diagnostic machine. All clear when fuse replaced. But keeps blowing fuse at intermittent times. On replacing the fuse the last time the cooling fan cut in, so at least I know one thing that it feeds!
any help appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update on above question. last time the fuse failed it also brought up "Check Injector system".

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have no real answer to your problems sorry, is the charging system at fault? Possible regulator problems causing a surge?

As you may be aware battery problems cause most major problems on the Captur.

I would start checking all the earth points inc, alternator , battery , ecu etc.

A bad earth connection because the car has been stood in lockdown

Without an auto electrician looking at the car it’s guess work

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no real answer to your problems sorry, is the charging system at fault? Possible regulator problems causing a surge?

As you may be aware battery problems cause most major problems on the Captur.

I would start checking all the earth points inc, alternator , battery , ecu etc.

A bad earth connection because the car has been stood in lockdown

Without an auto electrician looking at the car it’s guess work
I knew about poor battery causing problems and it did need a new one so that was the first thing I did. No difference. The car has been run during lockdown, not far just shopping so not sure if it’s a bad earth connection. Booked in with Renault for further diagnostic work. Local garage checked earth points and what wiring they could get to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
“UPDATE”. Car been checked by Renault and although the fault wasn’t present when they did a test drive, all the diagnostic checks pointed to the “ probable “ fault being an “intermittent short“ on a “suspect “ sensor. The suspect sensor was diagnosed with checking old faults on diagnostic and deemed to be an oxygen sensor which was changed. Car run ok for 100 miles no repeat of fault so far....watch this space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts