Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just took delivery of a brand new Captur S edition with the 1.0 Turbo petrol engine. All seems to be going well apart from I have now started to feel and hear vibration through the gear lever and pedals. Its most prominent while pulling away and accelerating in 1st and second gear.

I have come from a very old diesel car so I don't know if this is actually a problem or not and its just the engine. I don't remember this problem while I took a test drive and I didn't initially notice it for a couple of days until after delivery then all of a sudden I noticed it. Now its really annoying.

The car has less than 100 miles on it.

Do you think this is cause for concern, engine needs running in? problem with the engine or transmission?

Thanks for any advice

Andy

·
Registered
257 Posts
Type "clutch judder" into the Search Community box above and see if any of the results sound like yours. Shouldn't happen from new but it has been known. Don't try anything yourself, take it back to Renault.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Is it not just a foible of the 3 cylinder engine? They tend to be a bit "thrummy". A three cylinder Seat Mii loan car I had a couple of years ago was so bad that in standing traffic the "thrum" made me feel sick and pulling away in first to second was not a pleasant experience. Once up to speed the "thrum" was still there but less lumpy at higher revs.

·
Super Moderator
2,520 Posts
Some 3-cylinder engines are worse than others. I recall a VW Polo hire car I had in Scotland a few years back - engine was very rough at idle and low speed, but once on the move above walking speed, it was OK. Ford Fiesta ecoboost - a different story. A bit of a "thrum" from the engine but smooth all the time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts