Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I started my captur this morning a message appeared on the media nav screen which read 'fatal error in the main thread' then some numbered codes after it the screen in now locked on the I AGREE screen for the sat nav the radio is still playing in the background but when I press the home button nothing happens it stays locked on the I AGREE screen.... anyone had this issue 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Not had this problem. With the screen frozen you can't get into the menu to reboot the system. You could try disconnecting the battery for about thirty minutes and trying again. You will need the radio code. My code is written in the back of my User's Manual. Hopefully other members will have other ways of rebooting the sat-nav but without having access to the menu I don't know any other way

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same thing, albeit intermittently, and if the nav decided to work it was ok. When that message appeared the agree button stayed greyed out and hence no nav. Took it to dealers. They had never heard of this problem and after trying to reset the system the sat nav is no longer intermittent. It doesn't work at all. Everything else is fine like the radio and media play. By the way, they also charged me a diagnostic charge for killing the nav altogether. They say the agree button(?) is u/s and said I need a new head unit. How can a software controlled button be u/s? Surely it can be sorted using a computer fix. Rant over, if I need nav at the moment I am using a Garmin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts