Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had this appear on their dashboard.Had the same issue with the clio.. but with the clio the hill start assist would not release; and problem is.. it doesn't show up on the computer (so the dealer tells me) that the light appears. My garage told me that they don't know of any other Captur that has this issue.

·
Registered
354 Posts
dylandavies34 said:
Has any one had this appear on their dashboard.Had the same issue with the clio.. but with the clio the hill start assist would not release; and problem is.. it doesn't show up on the computer (so the dealer tells me) that the light appears. My garage told me that they don't know of any other Captur that has this issue.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi i think itsESC Electronic Stability Control check tyres and pressures first. It also could be related to ABS as some cars use the same wheel sensors. Advise that you take to a garage and have it checked outEdited by: stro

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Definitely ESC, but wasn't aware any Capturs had that, unless it's the Signature model with the 'grip extend' function?Ours definitely doesn't have ESC, I can slide it around at will in snow without anything kicking in to 'help' me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually i just bought new captur past few weeks.. since the 1st day i got the car.. first there's no signs.. but after a few miles then the signs appear. Now the car still with the dealer at service centre. They haven't found the problem.. already checked on wheels, sensor but still haven't solved.. ˜“ Anyone facing same problem before?

·
Registered
354 Posts
bol d'or said:
Definitely ESC, but wasn't aware any Capturs had that, unless it's the Signature model with the 'grip extend' function?Ours definitely doesn't have ESC, I can slide it around at will in snow without anything kicking in to 'help' me.
Dynamic Stability Control

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Pauly57 said:
All Captur models have ESC even the Expression.

That Renault guide I linked to says 'certain models'Our 2014 Medianav definitely doesn't have it, I enjoy sliding cars around and I know when a poxy driver 'aid' is trying to stop my fun.
We've nothing other than ABS.
No traction control, no stability control.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
stro said:
ESC could be generic output for Dynamic Stability Control message fault on ECU . I have Dynamic Stability Control on fitted my Signature car
Renault call it ESC.
But they refer to it as 'Electronic stability programme'
Read the link I attached.

·
Registered
118 Posts
bol d'or said:
Pauly57 said:

That Renault guide I linked to says 'certain models'Our 2014 Medianav definitely doesn't have it, I enjoy sliding cars around and I know when a poxy driver 'aid' is trying to stop my fun.
You describe ESC/ESP as a "poxy driver aid "
I would have thought anything such as this feature fitted to a vehicle that may help drivers out of a situation or prevent an accident,serious or otherwise,would be a good thing.Perhaps I've got the wrong idea about these driver aids ˜¯

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
alans27 said:
I would have thought anything such as this feature fitted to a vehicle that may help drivers out of a situation or prevent an accident,serious or otherwise,would be a good thing.Perhaps I've got the wrong idea about these driver aids ˜¯
They're good for drivers who've never bothered or had the opportunity to learn car control.
But for those who have and enjoy driving, they're just a pain inthe ass to be switched off.
Driver aids are one of the reasons I just don't enjoy driving much at all now.
Give me a rear wheel drive without traction control, I'm a happy man.
And, as witnessed here, they're just something else to go wrong....

Edited by: bol d'or

·
Registered
212 Posts
All captur models now have esc
So should 2014 models.
Don't forget this is the from build date of car not reg date.

So a 2014 plate car could be a 2013 built date model. You can check build date on original factory inspection check sheet that came with new cars.Edited by: Sachadog

·
Registered
354 Posts
alans27 said:
bol d'or said:
Pauly57 said:

Well said. The insurance industry and the like welcome ithttp://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/Electronic-Stability-Control/

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
stro said:
Well said. The insurance industry and the like welcome ithttp://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/Electronic-Stability-Control/
Of course they do, becausethey make up for crap driving and they pay out less!
I see it as a double-edged sword, as a feeling of safety also means complacency.
I note people drive far faster than they used to, because they feel safer.
If they drove like that in a car without driver aids, they'd end up in a ditch.
So they didn't drive fast, only people who knew how to handle a car did.
Now every numpty thinks they are Fangio, and a little flashing light is the only way they'll know they were close to the limit.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Sachadog said:
All captur models now have esc
So should 2014 models.
Don't forget this is the from build date of car not reg date.

So a 2014 plate car could be a 2013 built date model. You can check build date on original factory inspection check sheet that came with new cars.
I've never been so glad to have missed out on something.

Edited by: bol d'or

1 - 20 of 47 Posts