Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A learner driver just went in the back of me. RASL on the case. Will hear from garage by Monday. Poor girl, couldn't loose my temper with her but she ran off and left her mother to deal with it. Looks liked only a new bumper needed but I'm going thru their insurance coz car is 2weeks old with 300 on clock. Devastated is an understatement. On the bright side no one was hurt. Only my pride.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Jesus you've got some restraint mate! Not sure how id react to that, I guess everyone was a learner at some point. Hope you get it sorted soon as it sounds pretty clear cut.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She accepted liability and insurance already ok it. Told them it had to go to a renault garage preferably where I bought it. They said ok

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hope your luck changes for the better. Lets face it, this is as new owners our very worse fear. At least it was'nt your fault.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh my gosh. That is my worst nightmare. I always said my mini was cursed as I had so many knocks from people in it. I pray this wont happen in the Captur. I really feel for you. Horrible situation.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, glad to hear no one was injured. I feel for the learner driver and indeed yourself who now has to get the car sorted

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My main worry is the wait for parts. Bet it will be ages. Tho the car is still drive able. I do feel sorry for the learner, as my two weren't in the same boat not so long ago. I have spoke to the woman since and the girl is shaken up and upset but a good learning point for her. When I phoned the insurance she had or was already admitting the crash as we in the same insurance company, and the bloke said not to worry about a thing as they admitted and accepted blame.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Maybe an opportunity to have a totally unique Captur by having the replacement bumper colour coded?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry to hear about that - hopefully you can get it sorted quickly and get back to enjoying the car. Can I ask a quick question though to do with RASL. I did start another post about this but haven't heard much back. My dealer was also unaware of RASL so have sent them details !! - could you run through how it works - I have registered for it, and got my certificate, but I am intrigued you called RASL rather than your insurance Company ?? - are the Insurance company not involved aswell - be grateful for your input

·
Registered
335 Posts
Feel for you buddy, everyone's worst fear in a brand new car. Hope all goes well with the work to get carried out and the whole procedure goes smoothly.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hadn't registered with RASL. So didn't know what to expect either. I rang them he took details of the incident. And checked the address of the other car for valid insurance took seconds, and as she had accepted liability, and it was a simple rear end bump. RASL are able to do the work and claim it all back from the other insurer. All I had to do was phone admiral to give them information I was doing this. They were fine only snag will be if renault give me a hire car not a courtesy car. Admiral will get a cheaper deal on hire cars. Admiral fine with me using dealer, although would have liked me to use there preferred garage. Told under no circumstances is it going to another garage as it's only two weeks old they did understand this. All I know is that car will be repaired at main dealer. Time scale will be fun. Car is drivable so no major rush. Probably take an age on parts. Will let you know of any snags.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Appreciate the info - I am sure everyone on here will be interested to hear how it all goes - sorry you have got to suffer the pain to provide info to others though !!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do I need to register to use the Renault Accident Support Line (RASL)?

No. As a valued Renault customer you are
automatically registered. In the event of an accident call 0800 085
8005, or send a free text 64446 to get this number sent to your phone
now. Your membership is automatically renewed each year for as long as
you own a Renault.
As found in the FAQ's on your "My Renault" website.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sorry to hear your news...hopefully you will be back on the road in your Captur soon. Let's hope the parts don't take too long!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same thing happened to me last wee.. he didnt admit liability tho so going through insurance. . Only needs a bumper also.. gutted isnt the word! Know exactly how u feel..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts