Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Captur PHEV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon has anyone encountered this experience? Sometimes I feel a faint wobble coming from the front wheels through to the steering wheel of my 3 week old Captur plug in hybrid. I only feel this when driving off from stationary.

·
Registered
Renault Captur PHEV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is brand new only 3 weeks old with 650km. No wobbles while driving normally or at cruising speed. Only the first few meters when driving from standstill. I use it daily

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Phone your renault dealer or renault customer service.

Given hybrid captur’s are only just out many of our knowledge based of things may well
not apply to how the hybrid captur’s either work or drive.

Here’s Renault contact page

·
Registered
Renault Captur PHEV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, maybe not always on a straight line but definitely not on a particularly tight curve. What I'm finding really strange is that at normal speed say at 50 to 80 km/h the ride is really smooth.... no vibrations whatsoever.

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
Hi, maybe not always on a straight line but definitely not on a particularly tight curve. What I'm finding really strange is that at normal speed say at 50 to 80 km/h the ride is really smooth.... no vibrations whatsoever.
I can't really help then, only to say that my hybrid doesn't do it although when I go on full steering lock there is a strange "wobble" to the steering at a certain point but I put that down to steering geometry as It does seem to have a very tight turning circle compared to other cars I've had. The only other car I've had do a similar thing was a Triumph Vitesse which also had a tight turning circle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't really help then, only to say that my hybrid doesn't do it although when I go on full steering lock there is a strange "wobble" to the steering at a certain point but I put that down to steering geometry as It does seem to have a very tight turning circle compared to other cars I've had. The only other car I've had do a similar thing was a Triumph Vitesse which also had a tight turning circle.
Good afternoon has anyone encountered this experience? Sometimes I feel a faint wobble coming from the front wheels through to the steering wheel of my 3-week old Captur plug in hybrid. I only feel this when driving off from stationary.
Did you solve this issue please? as I'm having the same issue and we are not alone unfortunately check the link below

Diario elettrico Renault Captur plugin: scuotimento, vibrazione e ballonzolio

Renault doesn't have an idea of what the issue might be. from my end, the wobbling/vibration starts from around 17km up to 30km then nothing whatsoever. and not constant

The last time Renault updated the software and reset all the analytics but still the same.

·
Registered
Renault Captur PHEV
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you solve this issue please? as I'm having the same issue and we are not alone unfortunately check the link below

Diario elettrico Renault Captur plugin: scuotimento, vibrazione e ballonzolio

Renault doesn't have an idea of what the issue might be. from my end, the wobbling/vibration starts from around 17km up to 30km then nothing whatsoever. and not constant

The last time Renault updated the software and reset all the analytics but still the same.
Hi there I have not solved the problem yet, I took the car last week for diagnostics. Mechanic has felt the wobble and was told they will contact Renault abroad. Still no reply yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, just seen this, I get a wobble or I would say vibration. Only in EV mode, I put it down to the amount of power from the traction motor. I have never driven a commercial car with so much 0 to 30mph torque, as soon as you come of the power, even just a bit the vibration goes. If you ever get an answer please let us know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys mine is at the Renault dealer at the moment, basically, they downloaded all the logs and are in contact with Renault France to try to solve the issue..... I'll update you with the outcome.

thanks
Duncan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey, any news from Renault dealer?
hi, basically they changed the drive shafts and a bearing but didn't give me any more details

for 6weeks it was fine not vibrations at all but last week it started again ... very faint vibration.. last week I emailed them again and so far radio silence.

not a happy customer for sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello, I am writing from Italy I have the same problem as yours which manifested as soon as I took the car, the Renault mechanic says that he does not hear anything, but it is not true it vibrates and feels.
Let's exchange information if we solve it, thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have the same problem on mine just bought, mine has only 1420 km but it has always done so,
is there someone who has somehow solved the defect of the vibrations in acceleration?
Duncan this problem is common to all Plug-ins
do we want to join together to make a single complaint to Renault and report to the transport office of the European Community?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts