Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just come back from a 5 day touring holiday of the Lake District. Despite all the hills and mountains, my 1.5 diesel managed 64 mpg. Considering that many of these miles were clocked up in second and third gear, I think it's pretty good.
Also, I turned the eco setting off to help with the terrain.
A real, smooth drive and great viewing position for some lovely scenery.
(

The B5289 near Crummock Water. Beautiful scenery.

Edited by: awq

·
Registered
409 Posts
I,m going to Keswick in May for a week. Will be reporting on mpg after. I'm getting 65mpg now from my DCi90 no eco button on but stop start working when it wants to.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just updated my original post with a photo. Fantastic backdrop for the Captur

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been running my All black Captur 1.5 dci for two weeks now. I'm only getting 53 mpg. Only done 500 miles thus far. Dose this improve?
Regards
Tony
Great photo! Edited by: Tony'S

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
From the posts on here....it will do...but not as much as the marketing hype shows. I have the petrol 1.2 and it's improved as it was run in...
I have read that it does not make as much difference on a diesel though...so it might be down to driving style, road conditions etc...
A question of getting used to the car?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm getting 53mpg around town on my 1.5 dci which I have had for almost two weeks. I do spend a lot of time sitting in traffic and going up hills so I am pretty pleased with that. I went on the motorway at the weekend and managed 65mpg (only a 15 mile journey). I'm expecting it will get slightly better as the engine is run in but I was only managing 23mpg on my old car so I'm very happy with the current mpg.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tony'S said:
Been running my All black Captur 1.5 dci for two weeks now. I'm only getting 53 mpg. Only done 500 miles thus far. Dose this improve?
Regards
Tony
Great photo!
Think that my driving style nowadays helps me get those few extra MPG. The car is still running in, but besides that, I admit that I drive relatively slowly and carefully. My days of a heavy foot on the accelerator are over. I know I sound like my Grandad, but speed does not matter to me like it used to. I prefer to slow down and enjoy the scenery, not race from A to B,without enjoying my environment.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice photo awq, i was also in Cumbria last weekend staying at some isolated cottages on Winder Hill around1,000ft above sea level about 1 mile from Ullswater. Access to cottages was up a long windy single track dirt track where capturs extra clearance came into its own. Mine is a petrol variant and up till then I'd only clocked 155miles but I still managed 40.8 mpg which I thought was'nt to bad at all.
meterman_56

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm taking my baby to South Wales in a couple of weeks from Woking in Surrey and for the first time in my life I am actually looking forward to driving a long distance!

Will be a nice backdrop for the car scenery wise too!

My MPG has been averaging about 55 - 58MPG on country roads in Surrey and only cost me £38 to fill her up. Have to say that i am more than happy with that

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did an airport run last night to pick up my Daughter returning from Tenerife. 190 miles, mostly motorway, without Eco button set, average speed 60- 65 ( roadworks etc ), returned an average of 45.1, which I was pleased with, bearing in mind 2 passengers with lots of luggage on the return journey.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have had my diesel for about 6 weeks now.my fuel gauge reads half and I have done 302 miles so far.my 1.6 petrol focus done roughly 335 miles on the same size tank.so I am getting nigh on double with my diesel to my petrol focus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts