Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a fault on my MediaNav in that the sat nav loses all it's settings and favourites every time it turns off on the ignition. It effectively does a factory reset every time I turn the ignition on; I have to have the female voice every time telling me where to go etc., and everyone knows how us blokes hate having women telling us what to do!

Renault say has to go back to the dealers... :(

Anyone else have this problem???

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds to me like the power feed from the battery is disconected, so you only have the main power feed via the ignition. It should be an easy fix, but let the dealer do it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It did work, it's a fault that's just started... If it was the battery feed, wouldn't all the radio stations disappear too?

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
Yup, check the permanent live feed fuse first. Sounds like it may have blown (anyone know what else is served by this fuse?)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had mine rebooting every one minute! Replaced by the dealer after 15 days! I don't dare to update the maps again although! Since I suspect that the problem was caused by the update!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Bubble memory. I have not heard that expression for a while. Mainframe and mini computers like the 2903 and PDP11 had bubble memory. Are you thinking of flash memory? Bubble memory uses magnetic bubbles to store information. Flash memory uses semi-permanent fused electric circuits to hold data.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts