Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys & gals - Got back this evening after 500 mile + journey and got to know my new Captur extremely well (Dynamique MediaNav 1.5 DCi 90). First thing to report is I'm not at all happy !!!!! Not only has it rained on my car at some point every day for three days running, it's now filthy, has squashed suicidal insects all over the windscreen and the fuel gauge needle jammed
! Seriously though, I thought it had jammed because I filled the tank to the brim before I left and travelled over 200 miles before the needle even dropped below full
. I think we're all realistic enough to know we won't get the "official" 76.4 mpg unless we drive to exactly the same speeds, criteria and strictly controlled conditions they use in testing to get those figures. Generally, anyone in the know will tell you to take up to 15% off those numbers in the real world. I was personally thinking anything over 60 mpg would still be impressive so I ran my own test. First half of the trip (I stayed off motorways, had ECO switched on, drove sensibly and actually achieved an absolutely amazing 68.6 mpg ! Second half was mostly motorway, still with ECO on and the average mpg came down to 63 mpg. Found the ECO a little restrictive for motorway travel, struggled uphill and no overtaking power but brilliant elsewhere. Turned ECO off on the way back and my right foot isn't exactly light on the pedal but still recorded 61.5 mpg overall for the whole trip. Once the engine is properly run in I would expect an improvement on that and sensible driving, using ECO off motorway should see mid to high 60's average mpg. Everything worked and worked well. It was an absolute joy to drive on and off motorway and now fully know my way round all the controls etc. All those miles and still not seen another Captur. I now love it even more
I'm out again tomorrow (today now) and disappointed I'm only going 35 miles each way

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
BigA....you had me going there...I thought...oh no!!
Thankfully you were joking!!
So very glad to get your feedback and opinions back..

Now keep basking in the newness of the model...you lucky sod!!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
glad to hear your enjoying it...as for the fuel needle sticking, i could live with that ;) lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice trip! That will check out your mpg and comfort level! We'll need a blow by blow account of the trip!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome gacartwright. That will definitely give your new Captur a good test, good luck with that, keep us posted as to how you get on. What colour and model did you go for?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi gacartwright, what a way to get to know your car. I'm planning to visit my parents when I collect mine. It's a 300 mile round trip I plan on using motorways up there and A and B roads on the way back. Nothing really when compared to your drive, hope all goes well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I had the S 1.5 dci on loan from Renault for a week I clocked up about 600 miles and managed an average of 68 mpg. I use cruise control a lot and found that to be the most economical way to drive

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes - only done 5 miles in mine, so need to plan a trip like yours to get to know the car better

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Come on Nick....I know you like to look at it...just like me...but you CAN drive it as well!! 5 miles!!!!? Your car will become a collector's item at this rate!!

How are you getting on? Is it a
or a
?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hello again Ythsie

So far excellent - had a few good trips to local places today, and have to say still a massive thumbs up

Its just coincidence that we picked it up on Wednesday, but had a busy few days where we didn't really need to use it, so I thought I would take my time reading the manual and taking everything on board.
Took my Father out today as well, and he was very impressed.

We have planned some good journeys in half term weeks, so will report more thoroughly then on fuel economy etc

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Nick!

Great to hear that it's yet another thumbs up!

Not long now before we can pick ours up and start to enjoy using it. I'm using the time to read through a pdf of the handbook. There are quite a lot of items to get one's head around...I agrer.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think I'm going to know the handbook inside out by the time I get mine Ythsie, only about 7 weeks to go....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts