Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner .. anyone else out there with this combination .. Nokia Lumia 520 and the r-link medianav .. that won't be good and play nice together any help please

·
Registered
921 Posts
good morning and welcome

In what way won't your Nokia play ?

Lyn

·
Registered
203 Posts
I presume you've paired your phone with the cars system?? Or is this the problem??
meterman_56

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
The problem may be that it's a Windows phone rather than Android

·
Registered
921 Posts
are your contacts stored on your phone ? As well as your SIM ?

Your phone contacts will only be available if they are on. Your phone and not your SIM.

Edited by: LynG

·
Registered
338 Posts
Phone book on Captur only takes information from phone memory, not from SIM. So, what you have on phone will be shown and the rest needs to be copied from SIM

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have just discovered that if you alter an entry in your phone book MediaNav does not recognise the change until the phone is re-paired.

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
JohnChambers said:
I have just discovered that if you alter an entry in your phone book MediaNav does not recognise the change until the phone is re-paired.
sounds normal to me

·
Registered
428 Posts
JohnChambers said:
I've been pulling my hair out wondering why my new numbers aren't coming up. Thanks.
It's obvious now but I've been nearly thumping the medinav.

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
It seems that pairing takes place each time you use the car; the phone book is only downloaded and kept in the MediaNav's memory so long as pairing exists. When you turn off, all the phone book entries are lost. When you next pair, the phone book is downloaded to the MediaNav unit again, complete with alterations made since the previous pairing.... at least that's my understanding based on how my phone pairs with my BT satnav, and the pervious satnav that I had.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts