Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still got a 6 week wait for mine so I got some questions to ask you guys who have theirs. Will the car lock and enable the alarm if people are in the car but I get out with the key card? What happens if I get out the car and leave the engine running again with key card in my pocket, and someone tries to steal the car?

·
Registered
338 Posts
The car will lock with people in and the card away from interior As for engine running and key card with you - no idea. I do know that with my Juke I left hubby in queue at car wash and walked off with the dog. The engine was running when I left, he drove into the car wash, turned engine off, had car washed - and then was unable to start it again. By the time he cought up with me and the dog and the key card (a chap behind him drove him around looking for me) there were another seven cars waiting, the man who gave hubby lift lost his place at the front and hubby was foaming at the mouth.
I don't think it helped that I could not stop laughing .....

·
Registered
174 Posts
I know on my soon to be replaced Laguna - (roll on Saturday) if you walk off with the key then the car starts an annoying bleep saying "key card not detected". I have never gone very far, but the car hasn't stopped or anything like that, so I presume it would still work until such time as the car is stopped, at which point it would not start again. So, if someone stole the car; they would be able to keep driving until such point as they turn it off (albeit with a very annoying bleep getting on their nerves) or stall it.... I assume that it will be the same in the Captur.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have another question if anyone can help... if you don't order the R-Link system (just MediaNav)on a "S" then will the rear camera still work OK ?
Does not say in the brochure that it is a mandatory requirement, but am a little worried now...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Rear camera only comes with the r link and you have to pay extra for it. It doesn't come standard, same with the parking sensor (you dont need r link with the sensors though) Edited by: Cj86

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree with John Chambers in that don't let the card out of your possession. A little story - I was early for my appointment at work so decided to do some work on my laptop in the car. I needed to go into the boot so placed my laptop on the passenger seat. I got out of the car closed my door and then all of a sudden the car locked, why?? Unfortunately I had placed my laptop on top of my key card and when I shut the car door the laptop slipped and the corner caught the button and locked the car

Fortunately with it being a warm day the passenger window was wound down slightly so I managed to get my hand in and move they key card with my laptop so I could pick it up. Otherwise I don't know what I would have done as I was 300 miles from home.

Moral of the story - do not leave your key card in the car and put a laptop on top of it!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
if the alarm is the same as the Scenic (which i believe it is) having the ppl in the car locked will set the alarm off. as i found out when i went to pay for my petrol with me mother sat in the front lol

my Captur actually turned the engine off today when i went to swipe in at work (i always carry the card in my coat pocket)...not sure if it was the card being away that caused it or if it was the stop/start feature though to be honest

1 - 9 of 9 Posts