Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 5 months I get my Captur tomorrow. I've chosen the Tahoe blue with black roof, diesel,manual dynamique s. Its the only time in 20 years of having new cars that It feels like Christmas Eve.
I've had to drive around in a new VW polo 1.2d for the last 5 months and have found it uncomfortable for the whe family for leg room size and how low it is.
On the plus side, it's been a decent if not very powerful drive with an average just over 60mpg ( 70mph cruise control) with runs down to Devon (M5) and across to snowdonia.
Figures on the net suggests that I will get even more to the gallon with the captur, so has any one got any experience of such journeys or driven both.

Thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
congratulations on getting your wonderful new CapturI'm sure you will enjoy every moment

Lyn

·
Super Moderator
2,626 Posts
I'm now half way through my 20 week (5 month) wait; congratulations Giz for lasting out the distance

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are you sure its coming tomorrow Giz have you not heard about the alien kidnappers from Mars

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really hope so!!
Apparently the car has been in the UK since the 24th April. With all the paperwork and back and forth between my workplace, lease company and dealership has added another two weeks and it's finally coming today!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well done! photo's to be posted of course .. i'm getting around 55 mpg out on country roads .. not really taken it out on motorways yet, but when i do i'll let you know the mpg there.
Edited by: Vegas5000

·
Registered
306 Posts
Great choice Wayne! But I would say that.....

Re the mpg; what you achieve is entirely related to how you drive and what speed you drive at. I know it sounds obvious but the Captur mpg in my experience drops drastically the faster you drive. I've done over 6K miles now and the lowest figure was 49 and the highest 64 and on motorways at an indicated 80 mph you won't get more than 52 ish but if you drop to 50 you will get high 60's easy.
My average mostly urban driving is 53 and I'm very happy with that, and one other thing the tank takes more than 45 litres as I have the receite to prove it.
Happy motoring and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Captur was delivered yesterday lunch time and what at handsome/beautiful looking car it is. I've drove it around and done a few checks to see if everything does what it says on the tin. Stop start worked, cruise control worked and I tried out the Eco mode which I was pleasantly surprised with power still around town. Only one glitch which I'm going to sort out today and that's the known average MPH digital setting stuck on 29.9.
Drive feels much better than my last new car polo 1.2d and feels at the moment a lot better than any of the last three Zafira's I've had in p & d fuel specs.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Happy Motoring

My Captur is wonderful.

I hope you enjoy yours as .such as I do

Lyn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts