Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay, after a four month wait, my ivory and black, 1.5 dCi dynamique S media nav is here!!!! Had a quick drive and loving it so far.
Quick question, on the media nav is there any way to get the song title/artist to display on the screen while listening to radio. I kind if assumed that it would have this feature??
Sure I will have lots more questions to follow.
Off to try and suss out the full postcode thing, which is crucial to me in my job. As a community nurse I visit a lot if out of the way places and really need the full postcode, as lots of places don't have street names.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ours displays the tracks and artist, but I can't say if it did before the software update I did.

When you do the postcode upgrade it will probably want to do the software update first. All done automatically when you follow the toolbox instructions
Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant, thanks for that. It seems to be displaying names now, think it was radio one not updating their info! Working on the postcodes now, struggling a bit, but hopefully will get there, steep learning curve!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
GORDONR said:
picking up our oystergrey/black dci medianav tomorrow
Well that should be two less of us waiting after tomorrow then (though really it's my wife's car).

Sorted the insurance etc this morning. Now need to strip her current car out when she gets home this evening. We always seem to leave something in the cars we are exchanging, even if it's just a CD in the CD player

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
No good in the Captur - no cd player
Which is why we bought one of those mini-USB gadgets at the weekend. Now all I have to do is get all her CDs transferred......after we do the software update.

·
Registered
203 Posts
CD Player.... whats one of them..vaguely remember my old car having one... once you put all your albums onto a micro usb and the album art and start using that to play your music..you'll wonder how you ever put up with a cd player in the car... using a usb is so convenient... its brilliant ,,,you will love it.
meterman_56

·
Registered
203 Posts
while I am online can anybody help me with posting a picture file... I've managed to upload an image to the file manager..but cant seem to link it to a post...were am I going wrong guys???
meterman_56

·
Super Moderator
2,380 Posts
Never mind a CD player, what about us oldies that have hundreds of cassettes? No modern car has a tape player any more

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've had all my music on iTunes for years now, being able to plug it straight in via the USB is brilliant, and love having the album artwork on the media nav. Loving it!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Last time I saw a tape player in a car was in Florida 13 years ago when the we upgraded the hired car and it came with a cd player AND a tape player...thought it was weird even then!!!
meterman_56

·
Registered
215 Posts
meterman click on post reply
click on the tree icon with the blue arrow
click on image choose file
click ok , it will come up twice
it then should show the code in the text panel if the pic has
uploaded , you can check by clicking the preview button , if the
photo is there just post reply , hopefully that helps
Edited by: GORDONR

·
Registered
215 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
Doesn't anybody listen guys? use CREEVITY to add your own or album art from the Internet and it's FREE!
downloaded it on my laptop and it must have had a bug ( didn't work )
deleted

·
Registered
104 Posts
GORDONR said:
meterman click on post reply
click on the tree icon with the blue arrow
click on image choose file
click ok , it will come up twice
it then should show the code in the text panel if the pic has
uploaded , you can check by clicking the preview button , if the
photo is there just post reply , hopefully that helps
will this give you the "freedom" to put pictures onto any post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts