Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that all of the R-Link problems that I've been having were caused by two things:
1) a faulty SD card
2) incorrectly wired front parking sensors (one of the wires had been connected to the wrong terminal on a junction block)

So, it's a massive
to Wests in Cambridge (with a particular doff of the cap to Bob) for their sterling diagnostic work, and an equally massive
to whoever it was at the Renault import centre (where the parking sensors were fitted) who couldn't distinguish between terminal 12 and terminal 13.

Tony

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
That's a little worrying; I thought that parking sensors were a factory-fit option (I've ordered the protection pack with my Captur which includes F&R sensors) - ditto the alarm which I see can be fitted at the dealer but I was hoping mine would be done as part of the new-car-built at the factory

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the protection pack, and apparently it's fitted at the import centre rather than at the factory.

Mine was obviously fitted on a Friday afternoon.

Tony

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Tony, my captur is from Wests in Cambridge as well. Been buying my cars from them since 2005. Always been very happy with them, both sales and aftersales.
I see you have the R-Link as well. I don't seem to have had the problems you have, fingers crossed, but can I ask if you use an ipod or iphone and whether or not you have had any connection / operation problems when connecting via USB?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This Captur is either the 6th or 7th car that I've had from them, Barrowboy (I've lost count!) and I've always been extremely happy with the service they've provided.

My phone is an Android one (Samsung Galaxy S4), and I have my music on a 32GB micro-USB stick, so can't comment on iGadget-related connectivity issues, I'm afraid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts