Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a LHD 2018 Captur 1.2 purchased in UK but now in Portugal and about to be reregistered on the Portuguese system. I had the pre registration MoT test yesterday and the examiner commented that the engine number was not on the V5 and did I know it? I don’t and between us we couldn’t see anything on the engine that resembles a number. There are hoses, pipes and cables everywhere in the engine bay (found 1 chaffing so secured it) so it seems impossible. The manual shows it as a blacked out square blob on the front of the engine adjacent to the oil dipstick but I can’t see anything. Can anyone help please? Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,420 Posts
Hmmm, try phoning Renault UK. May be easier than trying to find the engine number.
I recall having an issue with my old Rover 820 where the engine number was needed to order some spares and I was away from home at the time with no easy access to the logbook. A call to Austin_rover customer services provided me with the magic number that I needed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks. I have contacted Renault UK and they have told me the engine number so I have it. The problem is I have to prove that the engine number is correct on the engine for the Portuguese registration to be completed I believe.

·
Super Moderator
2,420 Posts
The only way to prove it would be to take a photo of it or get an independent check, certified by a recognised "Body" or organisation.

If it's missing from your UK V5, why not send it off the DVLA with this to be added, then when you get the V5 back, it should count as the "official" engine number?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks, good idea. For information I’m informed by Renault UK that the number is on the back of the engine and you need to get under the car, take off the shrouding then look up at the block. Lots of stuff in the way as well it seems!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts