Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding my captur really uncomfortable to drive, the clutch pedal seems to high and there isn't enough clearance between steering wheel and clutch pedal to clear my leg and I have to turn my knee sideways to clear my foot from clutch pedal. I have the steering wheel set at its highest and my seat at the lowest position and I'm not really that tall at 5'10". Am I missing something? Can the clutch pedal be lowered to allow more clearance? It's actually causing me ankle pain.

·
Registered
924 Posts
As you have discovered the seat can be lowered and raised. The steering wheel can be adjusted up and down and forward and back.
Here is some suggestions on setting up your driving position.
Sit in the car with the base of your spine in the back of the seat.
The back of the seat should be fairly upright.
Your legs should be slightly bent when your feet are on the pedals, so slide the seat forward or back until they are.
Adjust the steering wheel until you can hold the wheel at 10 to 2 (The captur steering wheel obliges you to do this as it is sculptured for this).
Make sure your arms are slightly bent when holding the steering wheel.
Ensure that the instruments and controls are visible or available to you without too much movement.
Use the seat raising and lowering device to help with the visibility andaccessibility to instrumentation.
Ensure the head restraints are adjusted to align with the top of your head.
Adjust the mirrors until you have minimised the blind spots (the high back of the Captur does tend to restrict the rear view).
If you do it in this order your should find a comfortable and safe position.

I hope you find this useful.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crossbow said:
As you have discovered the seat can be lowered and raised. The steering wheel can be adjusted up and down and forward and back.
Here is some suggestions on setting up your driving position.
Sit in the car with the base of your spine in the back of the seat.
The back of the seat should be fairly upright.
Your legs should be slightly bent when your feet are on the pedals, so slide the seat forward or back until they are.
Adjust the steering wheel until you can hold the wheel at 10 to 2 (The captur steering wheel obliges you to do this as it is sculptured for this).
Make sure your arms are slightly bent when holding the steering wheel.
Ensure that the instruments and controls are visible or available to you without too much movement.
Use the seat raising and lowering device to help with the visibility andaccessibility to instrumentation.
Ensure the head restraints are adjusted to align with the top of your head.
Adjust the mirrors until you have minimised the blind spots (the high back of the Captur does tend to restrict the rear view).
If you do it in this order your should find a comfortable and safe position.

I hope you find this useful.

Thank you for taking the time to answer for me. I knew steering well adjusted up and down but didn't realise it could be moved forward and back, just been out to check it and it was in the furthered back position, I've pulled it fully forward and my leg now clears the wheel. Thank you so much, stupid question I know but hopefully now I'll drive in more comfort.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The problem lies with yourself and also the dealer. There's plenty of Information out there and to be honest you should read through your handbook BEFORE driving seriously! Also your dealer SHOULD show you basic driving position and controls.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for pointing that out, did actually read the manual but suspect I missed or forgot it went forward or back, I'm thankful to crossbow for reminding me. Didn't buy from a dealer, bought on internet to save thousands but would have no qualms about taking it to a local dealer to get the answer if crossbow wasn't so helpful.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Used to get back ache for some reason in my Megan on long trips (and that was with leather seats). I find the Captur very comfortable and relaxing to drive and have not had backache since I got it.
Must try out the forward and backwards on the wheel. Thought it could only go up and down.

·
Registered
180 Posts
mick dundee said:
I'm 6'3" with a 36" inside leg and don't even need the seat all the way back. You must be missing something, not sure what though!

WOW!!! I'm 6'4" with a 34" inside leg . . finding trousers to fit properly is a nightmare

1 - 11 of 11 Posts