Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid my deposit for my Dynamique S MediaNav (Diesel automatic) today! Subject to finance and registering she could be all mine by the end of the month!!!

I was lucky that my dealership in Woking had the exact model i wanted without having to order it. Its just a case of thenervous wait for the finance to go through.

Oh and she is the grey colour with diamond black roof :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here she is! Dealership sent me a photo of her.
Now the nail biting finance wait begins

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
You're lucky, I'm into week 3 of 20 for the wait for mine. Did you get a discount from SMC? Their Aldershot branch wouldn't offer me any so I took out a loan via Sainsburys Bank, cheaper than Renault Finance plus the car is mine at the end of 4 years without having to pay a final "balloon" amount... and I then made one phonecall and got a double-digit discount on the price too. Oh, I also took out my loan through the meerkat site, so grand-daughter will get a cuddly as an added bonus !

EDIT: Just seen you are getting a diesel auto - 3 weeks ago when I asked, they told me that they didn't have any, hence the 20 week factory order. Not happy at being mis-lead about thisEdited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still waiting to hear about the finance which went through to RCI this morning.
My nerves are shredded.

With regards to the car, the one I have is the showroom model. It wasn't originally for sale but as it now needs to be registered by 25th they have let me try to buy it. Two weeks ago it wasn't available to buy.

Like I said, all down to the finance now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well sadly I don't think it's going to happen. Having put the application in for finance this morning the dealership have now gone on complete radio silence.

I can't raise them on the phone and they are not responding to emails.
Pretty certain it's been refused now sadly

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
LisaH - there may be another reason. The car was ordered to be a demo model - I've been told that I would have had my test drive in your car had I gone ahead with adrive in a diesel auto. However it appears that Renault UK said that all available cars should be sold if possible, so if you wanted the intended dealer demo car then they had to sell it to you. The delay may be due to sorting out that it's not to be registered as a demo model - that's how the car wasn't showing as being available for me to buy 4 weeks back as it was bought to be registered by the garage.

You can still try the meerkat site to get your loan (and send my grand-daughter the toy !)
Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That makes more sense :)

The good news is............ She is all mine!
I got the news late this evening that the finance is agreed and I take delivery in a few days (probably Tuesday).
The delay was because there was a race for finance. Apparently three other people wanted to buy the car and one was a cash buyer!

I got it thanks to my deposit being laid down 20 minutes earlier! Close shave!

At least i can now finally be a member of this club

Oh and I can also now say she is a fully spec'd Mnahattan model with all the bells and whistles.
Can't wait for her to arrive now!

Thanks everyone too for the lovely welcome
Lisa

·
Registered
306 Posts
Are you sure she's Grey Lisa?
Maybe it's my ageing eyes but she looks a shade of Silver to me...
Or.... I'm dying to see a Silver & Black in the metal....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She's a lovely silver colour in the Mnahattan style pack

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well done LisaH...a fully paid up member of the club!!! I saw my first all silver Captur earlier in Liverpool...very nice it looked too.
meterman_56

1 - 20 of 30 Posts