Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished apart from new seat covers and mats to go in...... smile_big:

No small amount of work, although it doesn't look like much.... I ended up spraying ALL the external black plastic satin black (bumpers, wheel arches, doors, the lot!) - wipe over with a damp cloth and it comes up like new.

Put a shark fin aerial on but really never liked it, so back to the original sprayed gloss black..... the awful Wolfrace wheel centre caps had to go as well - a bit tricky as the Renault ones are around 5mm smaller.

I know it may not be to everyones taste, but I put a lot of work into it and am happy with the result. grin:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
That does look very smart.... If I make it to Dundee later in the month (Heathrow and BA strikes dependent) I'll keep my eyes open for it !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does look very smart.... If I make it to Dundee later in the month (Heathrow and BA strikes dependent) I'll keep my eyes open for it !
Thanks! Aren't the BA strikes off now? I only glanced at a page that mentioned strikes/Heathrow earlier, but never read the article....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Didn't you do well

Well done looks really good very smart car indeed. I see you have Nexen tyres on at least the back. What do you think of them i.e for grip and noise, I've seen them at a good price and I'll soon have to get a set for the front end (for winter). Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well done looks really good very smart car indeed. I see you have Nexen tyres on at least the back. What do you think of them i.e for grip and noise, I've seen them at a good price and I'll soon have to get a set for the front end (for winter). Thanks for the photos.
Thanks. Yes, four new Nexen tyres fitted the first week of April. Both grip and noise (lack of it) have been excellent. The wear appears to be very good as well. I do over 600 miles a week, so have done kicking on for 10k miles since fitting them and have around 6mm left on them - I did have them rotated when I had the alloys fitted, so that should help as well. Will definitely buy them again. Don't think they do a winter tyre, which is a real shame. Will be back to my Falkens on steel wheels for winter.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts