Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I got my Capture Intens 120 EDC on Friday and went for weekend tour (2x360 km). My first observations:

Nice car, easy to drive (I own six different renault cars since 1990).
EDC works smooth. Fuel economy 6 l/100 km =94,5 mpg, with the speed 90-110 km/h=70 mph;
today - morning traffic in the town - 8,5 l/100 km=66 mpg. Not bad.

ECO mode - power goes down dramatically (30% ?), but it is OK on highway if not need to hurry up.

Two strange incidents:
1. Heavy fog - tried to turn on fog light - no resonse at all. No possibility to change any light. System hunged up. I stoped the car. Off and On - lights working.

2. Stop in fuel station. Strart and "no maps". Off and On, removing and inserting a SD card - no maps; no card.
Stop, go out and close a car (hand free card). Start the car - maps are again.
So the answer in both cases: reset the system. In the second one - deeper reset. Next step would be cut the battery

R-link is another story. Generally quite friendly. However Live and Discovery not working. Dealer does not know if it requires activation. He sends the questions to the headquarter. Next day Live goes on, but Discovery not. Some aplications present however not working (not connection, try later). Today Discovery is visible on My renault account - activation ongoing. Weather working, e-mail not. I did not checked tweeter and assistance.

Maybe even more problematic remains a question concerning yhe maps update proces. Now we have go to R-link store and not to TomTom directly. It means the maps are available after some time,and not when they are released.
With my R-link I got a version v906.
TomTom offer since August - v9.15.
In Rlink store no any updates so far.

best regars,

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Bjs53...Welcome!..cześć!...Looks as if you've had quite a few problems which I hope I won't have!!

You're the first to report back on the same car that I will be picking up next week.

It was interesting, but worrying, to read of your experiences...the fuel conversion you gave in mpg was not right, but I get the picture based on the litres per 100km and can convert it. In the UK we use 5 miles to 8 kilometres and approximately 4.5 litres to a gallon of fuel..

Where in Poland are you? I'm picking mine up from Bielsko - Białym.

What colour did you go for? I would love to see some pictures of it if you have time!

Jak masz ochote porozmawiać. .zapraszam na skrzynkÄ prywatnÄ…

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks;I remembered only that 1 mile is around 1,5 km, and 1 gallon is circa 4 liters. So the figures are a bit different.
The problems were not so severe. I drove renault cars 23 years and I know electrical system and electronics are not this field they can be proud of. Lights in any renault model hide some secrets and it is necessary to use tricks to make them working.
So remeber - reset the system first.
Hope we dont do it too often.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am interested in your summary as my 120 EDC is now at the UK import centre, due at dealers middle of next week.
You fuel economy calculation as Ythsie pointed out is incorrect. I think the conversion should be 6l/100kM is equivalent to 47MPG.

My Megane consistently gets 39MPG with a similar powered engine (119BHP), so I am now certain of improved MPG.

I too have had odd moments with the lights on my Megane, your trick works on that Renault too.

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Bjs, I sincerely hope that I won't have those problems!! My son had a Volvo C70, and the electrics were by Renault, giving him a lot of problems. Quality control is SUPPOSED to be better as it's assembled in Spain....so we'll see!

I have just collected the number plates, so this time tomorrow, we should be driving in it.

Crossbow, your calculations are right....I was too tired last night to do them.... although 94.5 mpg would have been a sickener for those with the 1.5 oil burner!!

I'm happy if it's going to be in the 40's and late 30's in everyday use!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,
Thanks
Correct figures are 47mpg in the country and 32 mpg in the city.
Today morning it was a bit better 35 mpg.

I like my new Captur. Design is very nice. Driving is a pleasure.
However
I could not solve yet a problem with e-mail in R-link. It took few days
to convince dealer that they have to activate Discovery pack. Eventualy
it is in place but e-mail (Gmail and Yahoo) cant connect. Other
applications in Discovery works (The Weather channel). I did not check
tweeter.
I am afraid renault is not very well prepared for work with
r-link. I send a request to the HQ and they promissed to work on that
issue. They ask me to send all the details about a car and the system.
Will see what they can do.
Live pack is quite good. It shows traffic
in real time and helps a lot to avoid jams. Live pack is the only one
interesting from my point of view.
Today I crossed 1000 km (625 m).
regards

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ythsie,
Ask your dealer to activate Discovery and Live packs.
Have a nice first trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts