Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the first car I owned was a 1967Triumph Herald 1200 bought for £70 paid £75 to insure it as a learner driver, that was in 1975.....wish I had it now

reg no HGM 231E Edited by: dantoo

·
Registered
428 Posts
A 1976 Morris Marina 1.3 L
Given to me by my Mum and Dad in 1980. Can still remember the registration - HOL 56N.
Also, remember putting go faster stripes on it, together with a green sun visor strip.
Them were the days.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A Riley Elf, think posh Mini with fins at the back, in 1972. Eventually met its maker, as I nearly did, when it left the road on an icy corner in the New Forest one winters evening in early '73.

·
Registered
409 Posts
C reg (1966?) 1098cc (the big engine) Morris 1000. Light Blue EDM 847C. £165 of your English pounds.I took it from 65,000 to past 88,000 miles.

·
Registered
405 Posts
A 1950 something Humber Sceptre with a full width bench front seat, gave 60 quid for it in 1967 when I was 17.

·
Registered
215 Posts
T reg red chevette

broke down when i was giving my mates a lift so they said to bump start it
they pushed my up and down the village trying to start it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oops i didnt have the ignition light on
they were going to kill me but were all knackered
started first time after i turned the key though lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
1977 S reg 1.3 Capri. It was horrible to drive and so unreliable (once had to push it all the way back up a slip road on my own at 3 in the morning), but it was mine

·
Registered
44 Posts
White Triumph Vitesse 2-litre TUW 275F - what year was the F reg? I reckon around 1969. It was a gift from a wealthy relative. Far too powerful and good a car for a new driver. It perished when I parked it under Richmond (London) Bridge and was flooded!

·
Registered
921 Posts
ianfreeman said:
White Triumph Vitesse 2-litre TUW 275F - what year was the F reg? I reckon around 1969. It was a gift from a wealthy relative. Far too powerful and good a car for a new driver. It perished when I parked it under Richmond (London) Bridge and was flooded!

Very nice
A bridge too far for your car
Lyn

1 - 20 of 27 Posts