Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great colour! Love it in these more subdued colours! Looks great!
Itching to get mine.....Now your waiting is over...ENJOY!
I hope that you have a lot of carefree motoring in front of you!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Got to agree with Ythsie colours look great, I've gone for the same colours. Was going for the orange and black but age got the better of me. The car I have now is oyster grey and I think it looks great.
Keep us posted with how you are getting on with it. Mine is due in a couple of weeks then I have to wait to get the number plate changed. Look forward to reading your posts on how it's meeting your expectations.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Colours are difficult from sales brochures...some cars suit particular colours or combinations and, as you say, if you're lucky enough to see them in real life, you have a better chance to judge them.

When it comes down to the crunch, it's a matter of taste...what suits one person, doesn't suit another!

The colour palette of a car matters to me..it CAN make the difference between buying it or not....

I love black...it has a great impact with chrome, silver and bright contrasting colours...and I used it a lot in my house. On a car brilliant as well...BUT...here it comes...don't want to offend here.. lol..totally impractical...in a kitchen, finger marks everywhere, and on a car ...dirt, scratches, swirl marks etc..so even buying the black pack with black roof black/chrome wheels raised issues...

I've had numerous silver/grey cars and they were drop dead gorgeous..but in my case I wanted a change.

The choice of colours and combinations was great on the Captur and I was lucky to see quite a wide choice of new cars in a number of dealerships.

I like blue, but the bright blue wasn't something that I could live with and the non-metalic Boston blue just didn't do it for me..it was too subdued.

There were the ivory and ivory/black/orange combinations that looked really smart, but would need constant washing...not by me...lol!

The orange combinations ..great, and favoured in advertising, but not for me as an older guy.. and not many cars over here in Poland have that colour apart from the Kia Sportage..that looks drop dead gorgeous in it!

So, my choice was down to the brown..that looks fantastic in the brochure, but I hadn't seen in real life, and the beige, that I did see as a one all over car colour.

I swithered a long time..and you're never sure until you get it, and then it can be too late if you don't like it!!

Personal taste..no two people are the same..so there are no rights or wrongs..

I've given MY reasons, but there are equally others who have their opinions, and I respect them.

I hope that I have helped anybody reading this to make their own decisions based on their own criteria!!

Finally...It looks GREAT in Oyster Grey...GOOD CHOICE BOTH OF YOU!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Suffering shrinking violet syndromehas never been my issue so I went for high gloss black with Arizona touches - roof, mirrors, seats, inside bits and pieces. Had a chat with dealer about Arizona wheel trims at which point hubby declared he is going for a grey Skoda Fabia to tone down the household

1 - 7 of 7 Posts