Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new ivory/ black combo today. Overall very very happy and getting lots of admiring glances. Even hubby likes it!
Couple of first impressions though. Why does the heater only go up to 26 degrees? I need at least 30 in the winter so I am a bit disappointed. It also seemed a bit slow to heat up.
Can anyone tell me if I can skip tracks on my USB please from the steering column controls please? I can't find one but that doesn't mean it isn't there!
Do I need to keep my revs down for the first few weeks? I forgot to ask the dealer and can't find it in the manual.
Loving the drive, loving the looks, loving the two tone, overall pretty good start!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the car and your colour choice is in my top two, the other being Tahoe with Ivory roof.

Slow to heat up; is it a dCi, if so I'm afraid they do seem to take an age to warm up, 1.5 dCi's always have.
I'm afraid, in my experience driving various Captur's the heater is pretty poor for achieving high temperatures.
Be gentle for 600 miles, not going above 3500 revs for a petrol or 2500 revs on a diesel.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Enjoy your new car

On automatic climate control , you really shouldn't need 30 degrees, unless you want to drive around in your swimming cossie all winter.

If you feel behind the volume controls you'll find a little wheel, this skips tracks on your usb or searches stations on the radio

There is a running in proceedure and it is in the handbook, basically don't thrash it, but also don't make it labour at low revs, this does more damage than high revs

Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well you've done it again Prof. I've had my Captur for nearly six months and didnt know about the little wheel behind the volume buttons. Just goes to show you how daft I am and how useful this forum can be.

·
Registered
168 Posts
To be fair we've had at least one Renault on the drive since 98 and the company I work for has been using them as pool cars since 95. I'm well used to them, and have driven most models in one form or another

Edited by: Prof Pat Pending

·
Registered
87 Posts
Captur is very cold car - regardless petrol or diesel version.
if there is -10 outside - you never get normal window deicing - you need use some tool to remove ice and 20 minutes driving to get warm inside...
I'll think about additional heater or webasto for next winter... may be some original parts for heating will be available

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Would never have found that little wheel without help!!
I have a petrol. Warmed up quickly today but it is +9 outside. I am now dreading the winter ˜ž
Why oh why have I bought a car that isn't suited to winter use?!
At least for the moment I can enjoy it.

One other little gripe is that I like to sit as high as possible as I am short and like good visibility. However I can't have the seat anywhere near its highest position because my left knee keeps banging against the dash. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope so Prof. My Juke was a dream to keep warm with a heater up to 30 and it was really quick to get to that temperature. Fingers crossed it will be ok.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We've not had our Captur long enough for me to know for sure, but as long term owners of Scenics and a Modus it seems to be the way it goes
The gap between the roof and the doors on the Juke is quite small considering the height of the car

I don't think I could stand being in a car at 30 degrees dressed for winter

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ninabean said:
Hope so Prof. My Juke was a dream to keep warm with a heater up to 30 and it was really quick to get to that temperature. Fingers crossed it will be ok.

Blinking **** Nina, do you have to warn your passengers to strip off before they get in!! ..... or is that the reason for the tropical temperature

·
Registered
50 Posts
As tyrfelin Has said, turn the dial to the red mark, this will give you a very hot Captur. The 26 mark is the highest that is regulated, the red is just continuous hot.

·
Registered
215 Posts
HTP99 said:
Glad you are enjoying the car and your colour choice is in my top two, the other being Tahoe with Ivory roof.

Slow to heat up; is it a dCi, if so I'm afraid they do seem to take an age to warm up, 1.5 dCi's always have.
I'm afraid, in my experience driving various Captur's the heater is pretty poor for achieving high temperatures.
Be gentle for 600 miles, not going above 3500 revs for a petrol or 2500 revs on a diesel.
handbook running in advice

petrol do not exceed 78 mph/3500rpm
for the first 600 miles
expect better performance after
1800 miles

diesel do not exceed 80 mph /2500rpm
for the first 1000 miles
expect better performance after
3600 miles

1 - 20 of 33 Posts