Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI everyone
Just bought a three year old Captur and I love it. Except my music on my USB doesn't all play - it seems to play WMA file but not M4A and MP3 files. I used conversion software and change one album to WMA files and they still won't play - says its unsupported, yet it plays all the other WMA's. The stick is formatted to FAT32 so I don't understand

·
Registered
455 Posts
Do you have the medianav manual? It's all there on page 16. MP3 and WMA only. 32GB maximum. Toshiba should be OK (mine is) but as dick mentions, Sandisk seems to have the best reputation here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have a manual but i don't remember that detail - I'll have to go and fish it out again. Thanks for the advice, guys

·
Super Moderator
2,756 Posts
I'm also guessing that sticking to bluetooth through my phone might just be the easy way
Possibly; the Bluetooth connection can be flaky and you may find you are plagued by "drop-outs". There's only one way to find out....... keep your fingers crossed

Reactions: PaddyWolf

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi
This issue has been posted many times before on the forum just use search facilty.
Renault medianav is notorius for issues with USB sticks refusing to play music files mp3 wma etc.
Used to accept up to 32 or 64GB pen drives but this may have changed?

Scandisk is on of the better brands of USB pendrive but that is a personal choice..
I have found Tosh*** pen drive usb sticks are not great

Make sure you make a backup (copy) of your music files etc to your computer first
Then fully format your pen drive (erase) all files
Free software is available to do this online usually just a small file to download BUT remember to scan your download for any viruses.

Once you have downloaded and checked software exe. file for viruse simply run the software and choose the drive you wish to format.
Do a Full format, I have found this best from experience.
Then simply copy your backup files and drag them into the pendrive file located on your desktop.
Job done
Hope this helps
cheers
Kootzee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi
This issue has been posted many times before on the forum just use search facilty.
Renault medianav is notorius for issues with USB sticks refusing to play music files mp3 wma etc.
Used to accept up to 32 or 64GB pen drives but this may have changed?

Scandisk is on of the better brands of USB pendrive but that is a personal choice..
I have found Tosh*** pen drive usb sticks are not great

Make sure you make a backup (copy) of your music files etc to your computer first
Then fully format your pen drive (erase) all files
Free software is available to do this online usually just a small file to download BUT remember to scan your download for any viruses.

Once you have downloaded and checked software exe. file for viruse simply run the software and choose the drive you wish to format.
Do a Full format, I have found this best from experience.
Then simply copy your backup files and drag them into the pendrive file located on your desktop.
Job done
Hope this helps
cheers
Kootzee

Thanks so much - all I can do is give it a go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts