Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In for a first service this morning. Just had a call to say that the pollen filter is not kept in stock, they ordered it and they hope it will be with them in the morning. Could I leave the car with them until tomorrow? OK, it will have to do and hubby has car so we are ok.
And another issue they have a problem with - there is a recall on update and the technicians are "struggling with it at the moment" . Service staff words, not mine
Why are we not informed about the recall? And they are struggling with it!?
Watch this space

·
Registered
921 Posts
oh dear .....

Recall did they say on what ?

. your taking the first steps in readiness for us all to follow

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh no..thats all we need!!! A recall that no one knows anything about!!! Sounds about right for Renault!!!
meterman_56

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Oh no... not another chance for Renault to recall "my" car before I've even had a chance to drive it !!!
I had this with the Scenic - phoned on the Friday afternoon when I was due to collect it on Saturday telling me I couldn't have it as it was being recalled. It's 1998 all over again !

Any idea what the recall is - maybe the dreaded 29.9 problem?

EDIT: Can you clarify if the engine oil is definitely changed at the first service, irrespective of mileage ?

Edited by: IvorETower

·
Registered
741 Posts
IvorETower said:
EDIT: Can you clarify if the engine oil is definitely changed at the first service, irrespective of mileage ?

The oil isn't changed at the first service unless specifically asked to by the customer and then regardless of whether you have the servicing element of the 4+ or not, the customer has to pay for the oil change.

Also I've just checked one of our Capturs and there was no re-call outstanding, however it may be model/engine/gearbox dependant.
Edited by: HTP99

·
Registered
428 Posts
Don't fancy driving 36,000 MILES without a oil change ( 1.5 dci ). Surely that cannot be good for a new engine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our dealer said that if it's not due the oil change at 1 year, then you would book it in at 18000 for the oil change in addition to the 1 year inspection

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is the 1st renault since 1999 that I have not had an electronic dipstick...so at weekend checked the oil..was a shock to system trying to get the dipstick back ...must admit I have NEVER had to add oil to any of my renaults from 1991 to now...renault must expect top ups for capturs as they give oil as a freebie...

·
Registered
428 Posts
FalcoDave said:
Our dealer said that if it's not due the oil change at 1 year, then you would book it in at 18000 for the oil change in addition to the 1 year inspection
If it's not due a oil change for the first service (at 18,000 miles), then the next service would be after
36,000 miles (second service).
I have not got the service package deal.

Edited by: awq

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
I don't think I will bother with the service plan. I'd prefer to have the car serviced every 12 months, no matter what. Engine oil changed, all wheels removed and brakes/suspension subjected to a visual inspection.
I was told that the Captur did have an electronic oil level gauge that operated at start-up, just like my Scenic. Don't tell me that this isn't true

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sorry, not true. I had the same on my Megan. Great for checking oil level without opening bonnet.
Could have swore that I was told the same.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Definitely no electronic oil level indicator on the Captur. You have to check the oil using the dipstick, at the same time as your usual weekly checks.
Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just had a call from dealer (they never contacted me from the day I purchased the car - when I had Juke, dealer rang every month for six months to find if everything ok) to tell me that there is a recall on R-Link and to take the car to my nearest service for update....Another thought; local Renault knew for over a week that I will be bringing the car in for service and they also knew what they would need to do, yet they still did not order pollen filter replacement in time.
Almost 12 noon and the car is with them for the second day for first service.

·
Super Moderator
2,677 Posts
Vbl said:
local Renault knew for over a week that I will be bringing the car in for service and they also knew what they would need to do, yet they still did not order pollen filter replacement in time.
That's one thing I really hate, when you book your car in for work to be done weeks in advance, and still the garage don't order all the bits they know they will need in time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got the car. Update to "R-Link carried out to enhance and improve performance" certificate issued. So much for knowing what is done

·
Registered
428 Posts
Can anyone believe that there is no oil change for a diesel at the first service of 18,000 miles.
Perhaps its just that there is no oil change at this "1 year inspection".
Is this yearly inspection something to do with the 4 year servicing package (that I don't have).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts