Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Anyone know at what mileage the first service is due? Also is there a service manual in addition to the hand book service section?

Thanks
Reece

·
Registered
87 Posts
Trip computer.
Check owner manual how to access it.. IMHO you need press start/stop button without pressing break pedal. After this going through menu you can find Service Interval option.

·
Super Moderator
2,795 Posts
I recall reading something in What Car mag or on their website that the first service does not include an oil change. Does anyone know exactly what is done at the first and second annual services? Do the wheels get removed so that brakes are given a proper visual inspection? Or is it just a change of oil and air filters (if that) plus ensuring that all the lights are working etc

·
Registered
428 Posts
Think I would like a oil change after 18,000 miles, which I think is the usual recommended mileage for the dci engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My onboard computer displays 'Service due in 30 days', which is is one year after I bought it however when I rang my dealer he said that the first service was not due until 18 months or 18,000 miles. I would be happy to have this clarified and confirmed!

·
Registered
355 Posts
First service is due at 1000 miles, but don't forget it's only a check to see that everything is OK. I waited with the car while mine was done. Took about an hour, but that could have included a coffee break for all I know.

·
Registered
428 Posts
never heard of a 1000 mile service (check). Mine never had one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
They just check fluid levels, nothing's leaking, everything secure. Not a lot, but it's still important on any new vehicle. You wouldn't want the sump plug loose would you?

·
Registered
125 Posts
The 1000 mile check makes sense, but not mentioned or advised to bring it in at my dealership. However I'm popping mine in for a quick check tomorrow as can hear a noise. Edited by: Norfolkgirl

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just collected my new Captur. The salesman said he would call in about a month to see if all was well and arrange the first service! I asked what the first service consisted of and he told me 'oil and filter'. We shall see.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sando said:
Just collected my new Captur. The salesman said he would call in about a month to see if all was well and arrange the first service! I asked what the first service consisted of and he told me 'oil and filter'. We shall see.
Odd as the first service is in a year and there is no oil change; that happens in year two.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts