Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my Captur the other day on the drive. I allways do it by hand (ooer) I have often found that this "first wash" to help with your bonding experience with your new car. Especially if its a make your not familiar with. I was very impressed with both the build quality and paintwork on my Captur something you can study up close at wash time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you had any paint treatment put on? I have read that some owners that had diamond brite or something put on. I am wondering if I should pay to get this done. Haven't really got spare cash at the moment but I think my mini has Super Guard treatment on the outside and it always washes up lovely.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thewhiteball said:
I washed my Captur the other day on the drive. I allways do it by hand (ooer) I have often found that this "first wash" to help with your bonding experience with your new car. Especially if its a make your not familiar with. I was very impressed with both the build quality and paintwork on my Captur something you can study up close at wash time.
I chuckled when I read this Whiteball!!......are we related as I do exactly the same
After collecting my Captur I knew it hadn't been valeted properly so I washed it properly the following day.......yes I agree the paintwork does seem very good!! I have never had a Renault before as well....Im well impressed so far!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you had any paint treatment put on? I have read that some owners that had diamond brite or something put on. I am wondering if I should pay to get this done. Haven't really got spare cash at the moment but I think my mini has Super Guard treatment on the outside and it always washes up lovely.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CazB said:
Oops silly iPad posted comment twice!

·
Registered
260 Posts
All the paint protections do a pretty good job in my opinion. Ive had guard-x and diamond brite before. Buuut they do come at a bit of a price, ive found that a decent wax and sealant can work just as well at a fraction of the cost. I had a bad experience with some slap dash application at a dealer. So since then I've done it myself as I can take my time and be much more thorough. A good clean, a high quality wax that doesn't leave white marks on the black plastic, then the sealant. Twice a year job done.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Was getting dejavu there CazB. Have read reviews for and against the treatment. A lot of people like cj86 has said do the job themselves and save a lot of money. I've had it and am having it again but haggled with the dealer.
As I've said in another post I always get comments about how clean my car looks, but I can't be sure wether it's due to the paintwork or the G3. After reading how much the actual products cost there is no way I'd pay the dealers price without a hefty discount. Forgot to mention inside the cabin gets treated as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ooh I shall try that.Got to go down to dealership next weekend to sign paperwork so I will try and haggle then!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm with Thewhiteball & TC Eddy as I too really look forward to the first 'bonding wash' even if it's been nicely prepared I still have to take it home and wash it! My better half used to think I'm crazy but she just doesn't get it....
Or am I really crazy??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts