Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Started yesterday running cables , got to boot area . Ran wiring through rubber cableway and into boot hatch after removing cover , fitted camera number plate . Found camera cable too short so having to solder extra length . Nearly there should be finished later today. Still waiting for hook up fuse from eBay. tried posting some pics but not too good.
. Not finished yet had to take OH out for the day. Edited by: Houstahousey

·
Registered
922 Posts
Finished it today , sun too bright to take pic's with iPad will try to post some of the mirror image later. Thanks to Steve for the advice on the reversing light colour code as that part was a pain . Not much slack on the cable loom ! Still waiting for the piggy back fuse so could only connect temporary to try.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What distance are the red x lines?
Are they adjustable?

I can see the bumper in mine and have them set about 6" from it but so can get real close to other vehicle do not get the panoramic view of the dog.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I need to look into the settings, but don't think I can drop the camera any lower as its part of a number plate. It looks as if it could be at its lowest limit, but I'll check it out.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would not think it would go àny lower.
Mine is purely for parking while yours is for reversing.
It's what view you want. Both serve their purpose. Definition looks good. After a while you get used to the view and it becomes more natural to use.
Still do not know why Renault refuse to support feeding into the media nav.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am in the process of fitting a reverse camera at the moment. Fitted camera on the Chrome bezel/badge next to the boot opening release. Going down the same route as others but I thinking of taking the plunge and use the medianav with extra pins in the plug thats been well documented on youtube and use Dboot1.4 with dmicom to enable Rear Camera. Only got as far as wiring though the door and down to the vent door as yet

·
Registered
303 Posts
stevei said:
I need some help / advice to the following problems.

1) The easiest way to get a reverse power feed to the back of the number plate

2) How to get the black panel off on the back of the tailgate

I intend to use this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121390599035?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks

Hi I put mine through tailgate. Just take a couple of screws out the cover and pull off . I then put the wires though the rubber boot grommet I used a zip tie to initially get though. If the connective cables have bulky connectors cut them and get through and then rejoin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello
myfriend has Captur with medianav evolution, we tried to fitting aftermarket rear revers camera and I activate all the steps But we had problem, nothing is happen on the screen when I put reverse gear, his car has original back sensors and it works very good .
I tried to fit this screen on Renault Clio with aftermarket rear camera and I found it works, but I dont know why the revesrs gear in his car dont send signal to camera ....
who can help me to repair this problem......

21 - 40 of 52 Posts